Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Another exhaust question - 08 Omega single to dual exhaust upgrade issues

MrMurry

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2008 Omega
Hello!!! Yes another exhaust question but it's not something I've come across before.

Upgraded to dual catback system 2.5inch. DEA performance. Car was originally a single exit exhaust. So have run into a few problems

#1 driver side pipe from between Cat and crossover (where the o2 sensor hits) is jammed hard up against a bolt for the transmission mount. Is this due to the fact its a 4speed non sports? I would have thought the transmission mount would be generally the same either way. Was just planning to notch the exhaust so it doesn't hit ( yes I know someone will say it may limit any performance gain but this is a daily that I'm working on to enjoy until the motor goes and I put some money into a better setup. The exhaust is just for the noise and want factor)

#2 I don't have exhaust hangers from the transmission mount. Every aftermarket exhaust has hangers on the pipes with the O2 sensor, but i have nowhere to put them. Can someone point me in the direction of getting the hangers or if it's even possible to attach them (I know I could go to a parts store, but they never really know what's going on and I havnt the slightest idea what they would even be called)

#3 major rattle, I'm guessing it's the mid section hitting the exhaust guard. I'm planning to space it out and wrap in exhaust wrap, but I'm thinking again it might be because there's no hangers in the mid section

Thanks brains trust!!

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
May I suggest you go to a wrecker to obtain the correct brackets for the hangers,
and if the exhaust pipes doesn't have hanger supports,
Get some welded on,

That said, Omega's were never intended for dual systems, hence no hardware on the body,
Yes, you said its a noise and want factor,
It's now become a PITA factor,
and if it's a daily, put the OEM one back on,
At least you will save money of fuel.