Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

another exhaust thread

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Ok, so I fitted the 2.5" VF GTS cat back today. It's certainly picked up bottom end and midrange torque a noticeably. With the rear mufflers off it sounded very nice, a deep throaty idle, with more a German Shepard type bark than say a Pit Bull under acceleration - to use the tough canine analogy ;-)
Once the standard rear diff back pipes went on it quieted down to near standard idle, and a bit of a growl under acceleration.

Hats off the NAAF, you know your stuff man! But, I'll be fitting the GTS headers and cats in the morning so hopefully that will spruce it up a bit more too.

So for the mods to date, the Orssom OTR, and VF GTS cat back have definitely livened up the Redline. It has a sweet induction sound, and significantly more bottom end and midrange torque. I reckon the headers will lift the torque noticeably again, and set it up nicely for a tune. I'm hunting for around 260 to 270rwk, with full warranty. So we'll see how I go.

Cheeeeeeeeeers!!!!!

benSSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Should be interesting to see results from tune after the upgrades!

kingyinperth

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2012 Heron SS Thunder Ute M6
Good work Cuda,whats the plan for fitting the headers an easy fit Im assuming then??

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah it looks simple enough Kingy. There may be an issue with a steering rod on the drivers side, but I can't be sure until I get under and have a better look. If so i'll have to undo the spline and move it out of the way.
I'll try and post a vid tomorrow. To date the 2.5" stainless cat back, extractors and cats (all GTS and stainless) owes me around $650 :smoking:

kingyinperth

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2012 Heron SS Thunder Ute M6
Yeah it looks simple enough Kingy. There may be an issue with a steering rod on the drivers side, but I can't be sure until I get under and have a better look. If so i'll have to undo the spline and move it out of the way.
I'll try and post a vid tomorrow. To date the 2.5" stainless cat back, extractors and cats (all GTS and stainless) owes me around $650 :smoking:

that all be damn good shopping Cuda,you stay away from that zorst upon fitment bro,there is kinky then theres THAT **** hehehe...

duaned

Reaction score
Members Ride
M6 Red Hot MSE
Where did you score the GTS exhaust goodies from?

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Bolt the cats to headers first if they aren't already attached, remove the old ones in one piece too, don't unbolt them, one of the flange bolts is a bitch to get to. You will have to unhook the steering shaft and move it over, then it all goes in and out from under the car.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Duaned,
All goodies came form Ebay. My car has 8,000k's and the headers cats and cat back have all seen less K's than my system. Very happy with it.

NAAF,
Thanks heaps for the tips. I also took the spark plugs out of the drivers side, it's a tight fit to get them into position!

Another tip for anyone fitting headers yourself, ensure the steering is locked before you unbolt the steering rod.

The note is subdued, but good. At idle there is a definite V8 burble, albeit quiet, and it has a nice note coming in at around 3000 RPM. This is with the standard 2" diff back still in place. Without the diff back it sounds wicked, but too loud for my taste (and vintage).

Cheers

Last edited:

Foggsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SS Sedan M6
Thought I read somewhere that the VF GTS zorst was 2.75 inches in diameter?? Just out of interest have you measured it Cuda?

duaned

Reaction score
Members Ride
M6 Red Hot MSE
Do you get any drone (particularly when the AFM is active) with that zorst?