Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Another Exhuast question, but different

Blazum

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S Ute
well im on gold coast, and im sure if i get my mate with me one day you can come and chill with us, have a look at cars, talk about cars and hear what both our cars sound like in the flesh as we both have different exhaust setups. yea its good to have a look on youtube, but nothing ever sounds the same as in person. pm me if you are keen

yea sweet as mate, hopefully ill be able to organise getting my exhaust system this week so ill let you know how that goes. were you able to find out what brand of hotdog that guy had?

Blazum

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S Ute
went to a couple exhaust places and one guy said that twin 2.5 inch to big to start from and that twin 2 n quarter to single 2.5 would be better cause it clusters if its all 2.5 inch. but he said he's never had anyone ask to go from the flanges off the manifold before but i guess thats cause they had extractors? unsure what to do now.

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
I'm running twin into single on mine, I know its an ecotec but still a v6 so similar theory. Was running twin 2 1/4" the whole way, sounded great, robbed so much power though.
After the merge into single 2 1/2" the car has so much power back its amazing.

Twin system sounded better though.

Blazum

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S Ute
I'm running twin into single on mine, I know its an ecotec but still a v6 so similar theory. Was running twin 2 1/4" the whole way, sounded great, robbed so much power though.
After the merge into single 2 1/2" the car has so much power back its amazing.

Twin system sounded better though.

so now you have twin 2 1/4 into 2 1/2? do you have extractors?

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
how much did that setup cost you?

Pacemakers would usually be the most expensive part... but I picked up mine with the twin system for $150.
Then spent another $600 getting it fixed and merged etc, but the twin system I got was for a vt clubby that someone had dodgy made fit a vs lol.
All done properly now though.

CRUSTIN

P-plater
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S 175 Ute
$150 for pacies? Im looking at $650 for my vz.