Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Another Exhuast question, but different

Blazum

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S Ute
I'm looking at getting an exhaust system for my 04 VZ Ute, i've researched around alot and people have said twin 2 1/4 inch is the best then people are saying twin to single 2 1/2 inch is better. Basically im after sound rather then power, although i do not want to lose power either. Apparently twin to single 2 1/2 inch sounds deeper and more throatier? If anyone has an audio of this kind of setup that would be greatful, and also having no rear resonator makes it louder as well? but what would you recommend, with or without rear resonator??
cheers

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Definitely go with a rear resonator, they drone really badly without one and sound like ****.

The best system IMO, is twin into single, good improvement on both torque and economy, and they sound good on the alloytec. I'm still waiting for my suppliers to do the twin 2 1/4" into single 3" for the ute, at this stage they only make them for the sedans.

I can do a single 3" for it though, it will shift the torque higher into the revs so it will feel like you lose some bottom end, but extractors and cats will get that back.

$475 for the system on it's own, $1800 with extractors and hi flow cats.

Blazum

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S Ute
what system do you have atm? reckon i can get an audio of it? im trying to compare alot. and do you have extractors n hi flow cats on atm?

CAPRILICIOUS WL

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL CAPRICE

CAPRILICIOUS WL

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL CAPRICE
IMO, i think that the 2 1/4 sounds ok (deep note) when revs are above 2600+ and gains power but ONLY if you have extractors.
i had the setup with no extractors for 6months so i felt the difference in power when i got them.

In terms of sounds which is what your mainly after, the 2 1/4 IS NOT loud at all, and while ideling ud think its a stock exhaust.
hope i helped.
goodluck.

YouTube - My 05 WL Holden Statesman Exhaust tone.3gp

heyitsEnricoPallazzo

Big block Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ A4 Saloon
This one sounds alright. Then I do have a subwoofer on my PC.

Last edited by a moderator:

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
thats a single 2 1/2 custom lukey exhaust. sounds the good in person too :) with pacemakers and standard cats

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
i have a video up of my misses driving off normally, its pretty loud on normal driving, and its a twin 2 1/2 redback

RFish

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
i have a video up of my misses driving off normally, its pretty loud on normal driving, and its a twin 2 1/2 redback
Yeah i got one of them, you loose any power with that? That you noticed..?

CAPRILICIOUS WL

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL CAPRICE
IMO, i think that the 2 1/4 sounds ok (deep note) when revs are above 2600+ and gains power but ONLY if you have extractors.
i had the setup with no extractors for 6months so i felt the difference in power when i got them.

In terms of sounds which is what your mainly after, the 2 1/4 IS NOT loud at all, and while ideling ud think its a stock exhaust.
hope i helped.
goodluck.
YouTube - My 05 WL Holden Statesman Exhaust tone.3gp

heres another one of my car i found have a listen and tell us what u think for a twin 2 1/4.

Last edited by a moderator: