Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden vz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Berlins
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/attachment.php?attachmentid=163289&d=1373467587
hey guys

i am trying to connect my fog lights to the Holden SS pull out switch that i got of eBay because the fog lights are controlled by a simple on off switch,i got the wiring harness kit off eBay, because my car doesn't come with the fog light wiring, it was working properly with the switch in the attachment but the switch looks crap ,Ive cut the loom that leads to the fog light switch and now Ive got three different wires a blue red and black

-blue one is spliced into the high beams
-red one leads to a relay
-black one goes to the negative on the battery

Attachments

• IMG_0098[1].jpg
    IMG_0098[1].jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 260
Last edited:

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
surely you don't want foggies on with high beam-in real fog you don't use hi-beam, you end up with white snowstorm/crap vision

Holden vz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Berlins
surely you don't want foggies on with high beam-in real fog you don't use hi-beam, you end up with white snowstorm/crap vision

ill have to change it to low-beam, would you know what color the low beam wire would be?

walkin_wagz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt s1 wagon
I have a vy with wiring loom for foggies, I finally put foggies In the other day but they wouldn't turn off? Even with the proper head light/ fog light switch???? Any ideas why they stay on? All factory parts?

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
ill have to change it to low-beam, would you know what color the low beam wire would be?

Low beam wire is Tan.
Also the headlights on models VT - VZ are negatively switched.

Holden vz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Berlins
Ive moved the the blue wire to the low beam, but what do i do with them now? any suggestions , ive got no lights till they are wired up

Last edited:

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
if you connected both ends one to switch low beam and the red to the relay etc even if you haven't connected foggies yet, as long as you have no loose wires you should be able to use your switch as normal,