Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Another LS1 mod thread but this time for HSV

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
lol, power loss from OTRCAi? HAHAHAH

If your tuner has told you that, i'd be going to chipmaster instead ;)

OLS108

MR Helpful
Reaction score
Members Ride
Stockish VX Berlina
Guys i Wrote that Sticky with ALL LS1's in Mind...
HSV's come with a Shitty Exhaust already...
DUMP it and Move on like i said.
as for 250rwkw with a Maf tune...
Go to the Track and Run 114MPH then you have 250rwkw But a dyno sheet to me doesnt Mean ****.
as for an OTR losign Power, It wont lose Power at all... might not gain Much either on the Dyno But on the street and at the Track you would be Retarded to spend money on anything else.
I fitted one to a guys ute on thursday Night.. about 5mins after he left i got a SMS, saying HOLLY **** this car is NOW ALIVE.
car was already a 222/224/112 Cam Mafless tune, ripshift and 3.9's
The OTR was just the Icing on the Cake:yeah:
By the way that car only made 255rwkw:bow:

enhancedss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE R8 LS3, VYSS Ute 10.0@146MPH & VYSSTT 525rwkw
OLS108 said:
Guys i Wrote that Sticky with ALL LS1's in Mind...
HSV's come with a Shitty Exhaust already...
DUMP it and Move on like i said.
as for 250rwkw with a Maf tune...
Go to the Track and Run 114MPH then you have 250rwkw But a dyno sheet to me doesnt Mean ****.
as for an OTR losign Power, It wont lose Power at all... might not gain Much either on the Dyno But on the street and at the Track you would be Retarded to spend money on anything else.
I fitted one to a guys ute on thursday Night.. about 5mins after he left i got a SMS, saying HOLLY **** this car is NOW ALIVE.
car was already a 222/224/112 Cam Mafless tune, ripshift and 3.9's
The OTR was just the Icing on the Cake:yeah:
By the way that car only made 255rwkw:bow:

absolutly correct, and a very accurate dyno figure.

approx 3 years ago, i did a secret dyno output test with workshops in sa, on the same car and found dyno figures from 260rwkw to 300rwkw, now thats a big difference in figures just in chassis dynos.

enhancedss

Reaction score
Members Ride
Just a tip for all, use the search button, speak to other people who have been there and done it before, and even use google.

all of these 3 will help u make the right decission.

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
its not so much the fact that you lose power but the engine needs to be doing 60km/hr plus to benefit from it.
i understand that for track performance and such they are benificial and agree because the car is constantly moving but from take off in a quarter mile situation i have been told that they are not as beneficial as other types.

you need a system that scoops the cold air from start up to gain maximum benifit.

FIT state on there website that the big OTRCAI
"Traditional CAI kits, whether factory or aftermarket, mostly feature around the same theme, which is to just basically sit the intake snorkel up on top of the radiator in the hope that some cold air gets pushed in at high speed."

"and usually involves lengthy waits in the queue before having your run. That CAI on top of the radiator is soaking in heat all the time"

hopefully get it down to the drags one night and see how it runs too

look i am not going to sit hear and argue.
i have read OLS108 sticky and taken all your comments in this thread in consideration.
i guess time will tell how good or bad the mods are when i get all the stuff done.

i am after low down to mid power and we dont exactly have any tracks here so i dont have a need to set it up for a track style configuration

OLS108

MR Helpful
Reaction score
Members Ride
Stockish VX Berlina
DeanoHSV said:
its not so much the fact that you lose power but the engine needs to be doing 60km/hr plus to benefit from it.
i understand that for track performance and such they are benificial and agree because the car is constantly moving but from take off in a quarter mile situation i have been told that they are not as beneficial as other types.

you need a system that scoops the cold air from start up to gain maximum benifit.

FIT state on there website that the big OTRCAI
"Traditional CAI kits, whether factory or aftermarket, mostly feature around the same theme, which is to just basically sit the intake snorkel up on top of the radiator in the hope that some cold air gets pushed in at high speed."

"and usually involves lengthy waits in the queue before having your run. That CAI on top of the radiator is soaking in heat all the time"

hopefully get it down to the drags one night and see how it runs too

look i am not going to sit hear and argue.
i have read OLS108 sticky and taken all your comments in this thread in consideration.
i guess time will tell how good or bad the mods are when i get all the stuff done.

i am after low down to mid power and we dont exactly have any tracks here so i dont have a need to set it up for a track style configuration
Bro with all Due respect to FIT , how many Fast LS1's are in their Stable ???
super6's YES.. LS1 ??? No..
the OTR is the BEST CAI for an LS1 Bar none, on the street or around town.. I have done the testing using an Aeroforce OBDII gauge.. and i can tell you over all Engine Temps are decreased Dramatically..:yeah:
and as for heating up ??? not too sure.. MY OTR is an Original heat Proof Plastic from POWER TORQUE Engines.. not a Fibreglass Copy on Ebay.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
OLS108 said:
Bro with all Due respect to FIT , how many Fast LS1's are in their Stable ???
super6's YES.. LS1 ??? No..
the OTR is the BEST CAI for an LS1 Bar none, on the street or around town.. I have done the testing using an Aeroforce OBDII gauge.. and i can tell you over all Engine Temps are decreased Dramatically..:yeah:
and as for heating up ??? not too sure.. MY OTR is an Original heat Proof Plastic from POWER TORQUE Engines.. not a Fibreglass Copy on Ebay.

hear hear, my scan gauge also read lower temps using the otr as to any other setup.

I dont think any REAL tuner with experience int he LS1 field would honestly say that the OTRCAI lessens performance etc etc.

enhancedss

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well the answers are as plain as day, so youve heard it from more than 1 person.

This is a guide thou, its your cash u do what u want.

For everyone else i hope all this info helps.

ringram

efilive evangalist
Reaction score
Website
www.efilive.eu
Members Ride
2007 HSV CLubsport R8 M6
If you log MAP under WOT you will see an OTRCAI allows best airflow and will give you better manifold pressure than the stock intake, on that basis alone its worth it. It beats the stock intake by around 3Kpa.