Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Another one. Exhausted

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Sorry mate, what message? I still sell Manta but I don't recall getting a message from you. On here, or otherwise. I don't get to all the phone calls as I'm pretty busy and then they get lost in the crowd of missed calls, so sorry if I didn't get back to you. Are you still wanting something?

monty_vfssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV S2 Redline
Another option is to fit a muffler to the front section of the 3". Most systems just have hotdogs, if you put a muffler in as well as the hotdogs, it will change the harmonics and take out most of the drone and make it a bit quieter.
My full 3" DPE system with 1 7/8" DPE headers has no drone at all in a manual sedan. Only way i can get any kind of drone is by going about 20kmph in 3rd (trying to sneak up my street late at night) and even then its just a deep tone not really drone.

Only crap thing about the difilippo system is it didn't come with exhaust tips and they wanted $290 for a set of 4. Have since fitted 3.5 inch stainless tips from supercheap auto at $20 each. Tips are clamped on and create a venturi effect which is a bonus, haven't had to clean them yet..

20180131_235509_resized.jpg 20180104_153339_resized.jpg

Last edited:

Mattricho

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV my15
Hi all, didn’t want to start a new exhaust thread.

I have a question about catalytic converters and their body size.
I'm looking at getting some 200cell cats (just to be a little louder) and will be going with a 2.5” inlet and outlet but there can be body differences like 4” up to 6” but still with 2.5” inlet and outlet.

So what affect does body size have on sound if any??

[paradox]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV-R
6" ones would make a nice scraping noise on speed humps ;)
is that what you mean?

Mattricho

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV my15
Not quite lol more dose it make a deeper sound the bigger the body is?
I’m looking at getting these ones. They are 2.5 inlet/outlet 5” body and 8.75” in length (222mm)
ABA75B64-8C0C-4FAD-BAAC-A3599F606737.jpeg

Hq King

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS 2 Magnum
Hey guys to be honest I haven't looked at a catalytic converter before so no idea about design,flow , sizing or the difference in materials ? What I'm really asking when doing exhaust what do i need to know about the cats? Do they really make much difference or should I just delete them

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Hey guys to be honest I haven't looked at a catalytic converter before so no idea about design,flow , sizing or the difference in materials ? What I'm really asking when doing exhaust what do i need to know about the cats? Do they really make much difference or should I just delete them
Can only delete them if your car was 1st registrated before 2010 here in NZ mate