Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Another one. Exhausted

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Whilst all you guys are pontificating over your numbers and figures and this and that, I’m out driving, and not regretting it, and not worrying if I should have fitted tri ys or 4-2-1.
I understand, respect and enjoy spirited debate, but for a street car, most of this debate means f.a. Find your sound, make a decision.
Was waiting for this from someone. But then you cheated PSISLE and just bought yours from Big W. So, no decisions. :p
PS : My pontification is done.

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E, VF2 Director, ZB RS-V Wagon
Lol true cuda, I didn’t put much thought into it.
Oh well my free warranty and free cover will have to keep me warm on those cold lonely nights with an empty wallet.

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
Oh well my free warranty and free cover will have to keep me warm on those cold lonely nights with an empty wallet.

I feel like I want to get involved in the fun so I'll say this for shits and giggles: Don't you mean your $4000 warranty? :)
Unless you're referring to Holden's extended warranty..

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E, VF2 Director, ZB RS-V Wagon
I feel like I want to get involved in the fun so I'll say this for shits and giggles: Don't you mean your $4000 warranty? :)
Unless you're referring to Holden's extended warranty..
Haha not the overpriced undervalued walkinstick warranty anyway.

LS3SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV Redline A6
Whilst all you guys are pontificating over your numbers and figures and this and that, I’m out driving, and not regretting it, and not worrying if I should have fitted tri ys or 4-2-1.
I understand, respect and enjoy spirited debate, but for a street car, most of this debate means f.a. Find your sound, make a decision.
Totally agree with this! I love my Difilippo 3" with 1&7/8 4-1's with spirals in mid mufflers. Cuda, I was after the old school deep big block/ AMG 6.3 hotrod sound also, and I've found it with this system! Running a 10% over driven blower with biggish cam, so I have power everywhere in spades & awesome throttle response too. I don't doubt for a second that there may be gains with the 4 into 2 headers, but in my case, the small gains to be had are pretty much a moot point. I can comfortably drive in stop start City traffic, cruise on the highway or go beast mode whenever I want some fun. Love it!!

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Yeah true. Warranty is always a niggling concern. That's one of the reasons why I wanted to go the HSV route. 7 years in a looooonnnng time! But, I'm willing to risk it.
Re the W407. Your car rocks with this package. If I was a little more flush with cash I'd probably go that way myself. Sadly I'm not :(

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Warranty will only be affected if an aftermarket part causes the issue. I have never seen a warranty problem with a car caused by an aftermarket exhaust. The shop where I used to work did all the "performance" upgrades for both Ford and Holden here so they didn't have an issue with warranty.

What PSISLE said is spot on and is what I have been saying all along. I really think you are putting way too much thought into it.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
What PSISLE said is spot on and is what I have been saying all along. I really think you are putting way too much thought into it.
Yeah no need to think about it. :confused:

MY17DIR

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 LE Director....
Have you thought about actually taking the car to the tuner/exhaust shop and seeing what it takes to tweak the HSV headers to fit? There may not be alot to it....