Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Another onee to stick in the shed until I get to it...

Hangman

Aspiring Sociopath
Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Land Yacht
So tag says the car was originally Chateau Mauve metallic with Flax trim. Would have been a nice looking car when new.

This is what's on the seats. Devereaux cloth trim. Was available in the Deville.

20140831_081617.jpg

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Back in the HQ days, "luxury" meant standard heaters, AM only radios and seats with upholstery in pretty ornate brocade cloth like that trim in your LS. I can recall my mate who had a brand new 350 HQ Statesman (which was very rare) that was a very early build and it didn't even come with headrests as standard.

That upholstery in your car looked nice back then but these days, it looks a bit tacky. Still, if the seat covers are in good condition, do you intend to keep them?

Hangman

Aspiring Sociopath
Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Land Yacht
Yeah they're not in bad nick. Just need a good clean and the drivers seat has a couple of small tears but hardly noticeable.

Apart from the dash (when I chase up the parts), the interior is staying as it is for now.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
So tag says the car was originally Chateau Mauve metallic with Flax trim. Would have been a nice looking car when new.

Absolutely. Would you go back to that colour ?

Hangman

Aspiring Sociopath
Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Land Yacht
I don't mind it. Definitely something different. Plus it won't burn me when I get in after being parked in the sun lol

As for going back to original colour, maybe one day. The paint on it is good enough for now.

Hangman

Aspiring Sociopath
Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Land Yacht
Not the Munro, but it's my thread so if ya don't like it, EAD lol

Got new tyres on the LJ yesterday, spent a few hours today on it and it's ready for the trip to QLD tomorrow.

20140910_162931.jpg