Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Another Recall.

wobbles123

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SV6 Auto Ute, 2013 VF SV6 Auto Sedan.
Applies to strut dome and water channel corrosion in the engine compartment....only applies to New Zealand ZB Commodores....why not Australian ZB's....sea water must of swamped the car carrier deck on the Tasman Crossing?

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Which way does the Vessel come to Australia? o_O

wobbles123

Reaction score
Members Ride
Which way does the Vessel come to Australia? o_O

When the V8's were shipped to America....Australia - Japan - West Coast USA...….Australia - Japan - Panama Canal - East Coast USA.
Note:- Cars were off loaded in Japan and sent via another car carrier unless there were Japanese Cars to go to the USA. The Yanks had a set up with the names of ships that came from Australia to the USA and they plotted their route via satellite....because of their love of the Aussie V8's....even had blokes in Melbourne and Adelaide sussing out the Holden pens for export to the USA and taking photos to send to clients in the USA....It was Pandemic.

I doubt if any body here would be interested in the ZB....whether it came via the Suez Canal - Indian Ocean - Australia.....and/via Cape Horn etc.etc….the Holden Icon is dead and buried....anyone who owns a Holden now will be laughing all the way to the bank in a few years time.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
I was making a point that some of the Opel vehicles have been coming across from Europe into the USA and Mexico arriving New Zealand first then onto Australia.

wobbles123

Reaction score
Members Ride
I was making a point that some of the Opel vehicles have been coming across from Europe into the USA and Mexico arriving New Zealand first then onto Australia.
That is a reasonable comment....as I would not have a clue on arrival in Australia....maybe in a salt laden environment half way round the world....that is the problem with the rust?....the V8's imported to the USA had rust problems....although not all were affected....maybe their location on the car carrier.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
Which V8's had rust problems?

wobbles123

Reaction score
Members Ride
Which V8's had rust problems?
Just go to SS Chevy Forum....and all the complaints and accolade's are listed there....both good and bad....it is a USA forum.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Well most of them seem to love the VF SS Chev version and especially when they are a foreign car to them. Also like many people here put Chev badges on their Holden's, well the folk over there put Holden badges on their Chevs.

Funny how people like the exclusivity.