Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

another rooflining thread

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
anyone have leads on finding a supplier with the blue coloured material?
want to replace the sagging lining, but seems all of the velour options are grey/black and not the blue any longer.

alternatively, any success reusing old material? I have a sedan & a wagon worth of the old sagged blue liner if it can be salvaged and reused?

H

harrop.senator

Hardest bits removing all the old glue or foam that's half attached the material doesn't wear often as it's not a high friction point. Usually it's smoking cigarettes loosens the glue.

If can get it all clean on the underside from debris it's definitely reusable. I'd take a sample into a supplier see if you can get a roll.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
Popped into JCT today, confirmed no blue velour can be sourced new now.
I will remove and strip the 2 roof linings I have and take them over to see if they can sort something for me

Last edited:

wild mulberry

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn 5lt berlina wagon
give this guy a call.....i got my seat material off him........word of warning ..it aint cheap

Mark 0434286944

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
give this guy a call.....i got my seat material off him........word of warning ..it aint cheap

Mark 0434286944

oh boy, someone wasn’t happy with him

Attachments

• 526F8CB2-CCD1-4899-9745-A45BD7B7370E.jpeg
    526F8CB2-CCD1-4899-9745-A45BD7B7370E.jpeg
    228.9 KB · Views: 122

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
oh boy, someone wasn’t happy with him

Encouraging that the sender is 'Anonymous'. Could be anyone ..... ex-lover, business competitor, troller.
I hope that ScoMo's current crusade against this sort of social media accusations by basement dwellers is successful.

Back on topic, I wouldn't re-use the head liner, there would be too much rubbish attached to it, regardless of cleaning, and you would have to replace it in exactly the same position, which would be more trouble (impossible ?) than it is worth.
There is a good reason that auto trimmers use replacement liner that are somewhat bigger than the finished product.

wild mulberry

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn 5lt berlina wagon
i got my seat material from him...no problems...was the only dude that had that material too...... its up to you.

wild mulberry

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn 5lt berlina wagon
lets know how you go

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8
anyone have leads on finding a supplier with the blue coloured material?
want to replace the sagging lining, but seems all of the velour options are grey/black and not the blue any longer.

alternatively, any success reusing old material? I have a sedan & a wagon worth of the old sagged blue liner if it can be salvaged and reused?

Are you talking about the 23i steel blue?

If so I got mine from Global Trim. Spent over a year looking for it and ringing around heaps of upholsterers here in QLD, NSW and VIC.

Paid around $300 for 3 m.

thumbnail_20170721_114938.jpg

Last edited: