Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

another rooflining thread

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
anyone have leads on finding a supplier with the blue coloured material?
want to replace the sagging lining, but seems all of the velour options are grey/black and not the blue any longer.

alternatively, any success reusing old material? I have a sedan & a wagon worth of the old sagged blue liner if it can be salvaged and reused?
Warwick fabrics. They have display centres you can visit and see samples. Wear nice clothes it’s a bit posh. Then go to an upholstery shop and get them to order it for you. It’s wholesale only but the people there are super helpful and might even help with sending you someone who has an account with them to get the order sorted.
We’re nice clothes

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
Warwick fabrics. They have display centres you can visit and see samples. Wear nice clothes it’s a bit posh. Then go to an upholstery shop and get them to order it for you. It’s wholesale only but the people there are super helpful and might even help with sending you someone who has an account with them to get the order sorted.
We’re nice clothes

wear nice clothes
Go to fancy fabric store
Get upholsterer to order and wear nice clothes.
Got it, thanks :D

will dig out a prom dress and heels for the occasion ‍:cool:

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Seriously, they do great fabrics. Some of the best. They don’t fade much, if at all.
Just don’t wear trackies and a hoody. :D
That way you get better service from the sales teams.

DavesSV6Tonner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S V6 Cab & Chassis
Hardest bits removing all the old glue or foam that's half attached the material doesn't wear often as it's not a high friction point. Usually it's smoking cigarettes loosens the glue.

If can get it all clean on the underside from debris it's definitely reusable. I'd take a sample into a supplier see if you can get a roll.

It's the thin layer of foam padding laminated to the back of the cloth that disintegrates from the heat in roughly 10 - 12 years.
Tobacco smoke may accelerate the process but the headliner will fall down eventually regardless.
Keep your car cool and out of the hot sun if you want the headliner to last for almost ever.
The headliner in our VS started sagging at 15 years old. Never had a cigarette smoked in it and parked in our garage when not in use.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wait. I think there’s a place that does headlining material in a few colours.

I’ll try find it later.

For mine on my Calais, Crewman and VP ute, I glued fabric onto the thin scrim foam which I got from a foam shop.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride

Would that help?

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Faark that.
Have you got a photo of what you have now?