Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Another shall i buy thread.......

tallvy2berlina

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY2 Berlina hail damaged
Last edited:

tallvy2berlina

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY2 Berlina hail damaged
URL][IMG]
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NTY1WDEwMDA=/z/w6YAAOxywh1TBJnn/$_20.JPG
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NTY1WDEwMDA=/z/Sf4AAOxy4fVTBJn-/$_20.JPG
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NTY1WDEwMDA=/z/Ey4AAOxy69JTBJoG/$_20.JPG[/IMG]

M100

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim wagon
The ks are a killer mate hey. I'm stressing at a v8 that has 220ks on it. By the sounds of it, it doesn't have much history and your gonna have to spend a bit. I'm a neat freak and a grubby interior wouldn't do it for me.

kingyinperth

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2012 Heron SS Thunder Ute M6
hmmm the critics may be right,how are you at fixing things mechanically?(sounds like a few issues right from the get go,maybe more not specified).

Doesnt seem to be many one tonner's around tho..and the few later model VZ 1 tonners on carsales are advertised for a boatload of cash(and are mostly 6's as well)...like the berlina v8 in another thread 5.7 one tonners seem rare as can be.

Don't think you will get many positive opinions on this one mate to be honest,if your a mechanical wizz,like fixing **** then maybe go for it given your so tall and other utes don't suit room wise but it may give you some or a fair bit of grief I reckon.YOUR risk obviously

As for the V8 someone with more knowledge could maybe give you a life expectancy of the 5.7 in it,340 thou is fairly high end imo

tallvy2berlina

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY2 Berlina hail damaged
hmmm the critics may be right,how are you at fixing things mechanically?(sounds like a few issues right from the get go,maybe more not specified).

had a look on friday and the "water pump has just shat it self/pissing what he toped up on fri" which he is fixing now

Doesnt seem to be many one tonner's around tho..and the few later model VZ 1 tonners on carsales are advertised for a boatload of cash(and are mostly 6's as well)...like the berlina v8 in another thread 5.7 one tonners seem rare as can be.
Same thought as well, is a nullabor trip from SA a bad idea to save 130k/140k for a few thousand more outlay

Don't think you will get many positive opinions on this one mate to be honest,if your a mechanical wizz,like fixing **** then maybe go for it given your so tall and other utes don't suit room wise but it may give you some or a fair bit of grief I reckon.YOUR risk obviously

As for the V8 someone with more knowledge could maybe give you a life expectancy of the 5.7 in it,340 thou is fairly high end imo

Would like to but not yet have a few "mechanical people around" same ones are the skeptics

hoping a few of the experts who have had the will be able to help me

kingyinperth

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2012 Heron SS Thunder Ute M6
Yep,see what some VY V8 owners(or even VT II/VX guys with the 5.7) have to say I guess too/mechanically minded ones hopefully...not sure any of them have a donk with anywhere near those sort of k's though...

Good luck.

Woody_SS

Defective User
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
At the end of the day are you happy to pay $10k for the same car?

$5k + new motor/fix issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tallvy2berlina

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY2 Berlina hail damaged
Yep,see what some VY V8 owners(or even VT II/VX guys with the 5.7) have to say I guess too/mechanically minded ones hopefully...not sure any of them have a donk with anywhere near those sort of k's though...

Good luck.

that's what info I was hoping for

M100

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim wagon
I'm interested in knowing also, looking at a vy v8 with 225ks on it