Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Another VF air conditioning hose

ShaneOO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2014
Just thought I’d share VF ac hose 92511785 has let go and leaked. Common **** that shouldn’t happen.!
i had a VX for 19 years, 500k later and the ac never faulted once
7E9CD815-A7DE-43DB-83A6-6AA02BF30CDD.jpg

Attachments

• 05699D0C-B48B-4F02-A134-FFA4B1D46C4B.jpeg
    05699D0C-B48B-4F02-A134-FFA4B1D46C4B.jpeg
    58.1 KB · Views: 354

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Bad juju happens when you get sh*t manufactured in china....

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
I’d say the hose crimp is simply not durable enough so you may have a statutory warranty claim to fall back on as afforded under Australian Consumer Law.

Luckily ACL doesn’t provide an exemption for a **** Chinese manufactured hose as an excuse for lack of durability ;)

It would also be interesting to see how EPA would consider such poorly made hoses which supposedly should be durable enough not to allow the escape of ozone depleting or green house gasses into the atmosphere for what I think should be considerably more than 10 years... (since release of such gasses are heavily regulated = not allowed)...

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon
Happened to mine earlier this year - leak around the edge near the crimp

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Same hose on my VE let go cracked and deteriorated.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
I’d say the hose crimp is simply not durable enough so you may have a statutory warranty claim to fall back on as afforded under Australian Consumer Law.

Luckily ACL doesn’t provide an exemption for a **** Chinese manufactured hose as an excuse for lack of durability ;)

It would also be interesting to see how EPA would consider such poorly made hoses which supposedly should be durable enough not to allow the escape of ozone depleting or green house gasses into the atmosphere for what I think should be considerably more than 10 years... (since release of such gasses are heavily regulated = not allowed)...

It's not the EPA it's ARTIC that regulate A/C gasses.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
It's not the EPA it's ARTIC that regulate A/C gasses.
Yes, Arctick are the organisation that regulaulates the licensing mechanisms that allow people to work on air conditioning systems, be they fixed or vehicular.

However, for questions other than licensing or enforcement of licensing, stuff like how durable air conditioning plumbing should be given that the gasses are BAD for the environment, they are tilts on a bull.

I actually rang them and got a poor response from the Arc lady I spoke to. Didn’t help that she sounded like a ditsy blond and couldn’t answer very much at all, and there was nobody she could transfer me to... May be the poor response I got was because of staff levels during the Christmas/new year break but I doubt it was that simple... seems more like structural design of the call center where they don’t transfer up... possibly something picked up from ex HCC call staff members :p

And here’s a laugh, ring ARC and you’d hear a message saying “all calls are recorded, if you don’t want to be recorded send us an email with your question“ :oops:

EPA in comparison, who I also rang, were much better during the engagement and in defining what groups and laws may be in play. They did mention ARC and also mentioned the Department of Agriculture, Water & Environment (who seem to be the agency responsible for ARC) or to email the Ozone & synthetic gas team (within AWE/EPA?). It’s all a bit circular so you can’t find the guilty...

So for me it’s still an ongoing chase for a smoking gun document that clarifies durability of air conditioning plumbing as i find it interesting... to a point...

Frustratingly, I could fix aircon systems myself but the ditsy Arc blond did say I can’t touch a vehicle air conditioning system, even if all the gasses have escaped, unless I learn the club chant and pay the club joining fee... so now I know they are really protecting their membership fees...

Henry19720

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 MY15 Man Sedan, MY17 SSVR Man Sedan
All,
FYI had mine repaired today. MY15 132,000km. Agree yes they should last longer. However the part number has subbed.
Old = 92421092
New = 92511785
Hope this helps if anyone has to get it done.

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
Had mine replaced once under warranty and again recently with the car done 204k, known issue with VF models and very disappointing.

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon
All,
FYI had mine repaired today. MY15 132,000km. Agree yes they should last longer. However the part number has subbed.
Old = 92421092
New = 92511785
Hope this helps if anyone has to get it done.
My part # replacement was 92511779 - must be 6s v 8s?