Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Another VF air conditioning hose

gregstevens67

Reaction score
Members Ride
wh statesman 5.7
The two aren’t mutually exclusive and cost is a great driver for innovation.

If Holden and other manufacturers are made to carry the repair costs for such defects, as required by ACL, and as should be supported by ArcTick and EPA. they and other manufacturers will quickly modify and retrofit their designs so that they are robust and meet all environmental laws for the life of the vehicle.

The end result is that consumers aren’t wrongly forced to carry repair cost for a poorly designed components which will continue to leach crap into the environment, environmental laws are well understood by vehicle manufacturers, products are better designed (as it’s cheaper for them than meeting their ACL obligations). The end result would be AC systems will be better designed and manufactured so as not to fail prematurely (as is currently the case).

Dollars will always rule… always… so we need to hit these polluters in the hip pocket. ACL, ArcTick, and EPA are ways to force as many costly measures as possible onto these shitbags which increases the pain they feels for selling defective by design products that pollute the environment ;)

But hey, that’s just my view.

PS: please edit your post #26 and correct the end quote so your reply to my post is separated… Such makes things more readable…

To do this, simply click the exit button at the bottom of your post, then click the cog in the top right of the edit frame and add [ / quote ] (without the white spaces) at the end of my quote…

If you want your reply letter in a quote box itself, surround that with [ quote ] & [ / quote ] bbs/html commands (again without the white spaces ;)

Shitbags is probably an appropriate description, I just think it's time Holden did the right thing and addressed this. The Robina Holden mechanic, in my attached invoice above even said to the customer in 2019 "that's a common fault" and with only 27,000ks on the clock still charged her $300 bucks!!!! How piss poor is that!!!