Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Another VK V6

SBM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5Spd
You cant swap the tops over I tried that. Different size shocks. Plus I didn't want the VK suspension. The VK strut is a press fit in the bottom and the VR is held in with 2 bolts. I can also now ajust the wheel alignment a hell of a lot easier with the camber bolt on the VR suspension. Just to clarify i drilled through the top of the VR suspension not the VK. Everything bolts up just like factory.

SBM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5Spd
Got the motor and fuel tank in today. Next week the dash will be coming out of the VR. Got the return fuel line ready to go aswell. Got the turbo flanges cut out and now the engine is in I can start to make the turbo manifolds up. Can't wait until it is all ready to fire up.

holdenman308

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden vn wagon
hey havent been on here 4 sum time my vk wagon goes done a skid lol speedo goes useing vk dash just got 2 do sometiing with my clutch nt geting enough adjustment in cable mite have 2 mod the top of pedal other than that didnt have any problems wireing wasnt 2 hard once i found a wire diagrame of ecu just gota tidy few smal things up then time 2 get mod plate

SBM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5Spd
Took out the windscreen today so I can start to get the dash mounted properly. Looks like it is going to fit pretty well. Width is the same but height may be a bit different. Just want to get it running first. Got the new fuel lines run with a return line. Today I fitted the MAT sensor from the VR along with the 2 coolant sensors. Fitted a VP TPS to the VT trottle body. Got a VR regulator and screwed into VT alternator so i don't have to change the plug on the loom. Still need a VR ECU. I have the BCM from the VR in and the wholde VR loom in. Checked and have ignition, all lights, etc. Next is the radiator so when I get an ECU I can hopefully start it up. Any ideas on a knock sensor? Should I use the VR one as I am running the VR ECU? Decided it's going to be a bit of a hybrid.
So far i have used
VT Ecotec
VR dash, loom, fuel tank, crossmember, suspension, brakes and interior
Patrol turbos
VP radiator

SBM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5Spd
Got my turbo manifolds all tacked up today. Just have to clean them up a bit now and weld them properly. Have made them tuned length so it was a bit of a task to get them fitted in but I think they look good. Next up will be the intake. I want to put on a decent intercooler but that will have to wait for a while. Can't wait until it is up and running so keen to get it out for a test drive.

SBM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5Spd
Finally got the VK running. The ecotec seems to run well with the Buick loom. Only problem I had was I had 2 of the leads round the wrong way. Gave it a bit of a run without the turbos on as I have not yet got the oil lines finnished. That is the next job on the agenda. I have fitted the VR dash and am now just finishing the mounts. Still trying to get hold of a 5 speed as the last 1 fell through.

m1lky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Would love to see some pictures

SBM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5Spd
129.jpg130.jpg131.jpg132.jpg134.jpg135.jpg136.jpg140.jpg141.jpg142.jpg
Here are a few pics. Sorry about the quality as they r taken on my phone. Hav got the interior a bit furhter since these were taken and now have the radiator in and wiring tidied up.

weston

Holden VH V6 Commodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Commodore
Project VH

Hey mate your car is looking great, would like to see the interior pics as i am thinking of installing a VR or VS dash or maybe a Statesman dash from the same year as i have a VH with VN V6 s1 in it and was going to put a VT/Z dash in it then decided that the easiest way to go was keep the VH dash and just add the VN cluster as i have used the intire VN loom.
But since the mrs got her VZ wagon i now want to go back to the dash conversion idea but thinking the best bet to save changing looms etc is go with VR/S style.
If you could let us know what you did and went through to put the VR dash in the the VK would be good as i have heard lots of things when it comes to putting these dashes in to the old girls cheers.

m1lky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Those turbo manifolds are trippy.

Is it factory internals? How much pressure are you putting down it?