Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Another VK V6

SBM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5Spd
Hi all just want some input on my VK project. Its going to be a bit of a budjet build with everything I have lying around my workshop. I am going to put in a VT ecotec which i pulled out of another car for an L67 conversion. I also have a few other various commodores wrecked out the back. I'm going to use a VS k frame and front suspension. i know it is a wider track than original but that doesn't bother me as i want to put in the VS diff aswell. I also have 2 turbos, both off 3 litre Nissan Patrols. Not sure if I should use both or just the 1. I would love twins and copuld always change the turbos down the track. Im looking at converting the complete interior to VR. the only thing i need is a T5 which i am trying to get a wrecked VP wagon. Anyway just wondering what peoples thoughts are and if there is any other ideas you have. Cheers

180sc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais & vh sl
I wouldnt run the vs suspension or diff, i have a vl diff that scrubs but then again i run wider then 195 rubber.
Interior is going to be alot of work but i think it would look great.

Try and get a vs intake manifold or you will have to drill and tap the vt one so you can run 2 temp senders one for pcm and one for gauge.

SBM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5Spd
Im goign to get the gaurds pumpe dout a bit to stop the tyres scrubbing. My brother has a panel shop right next door to me so that wont be to much of an issue. I was thinking of running a VP loom but because i want the dash maybe I can swap the whole dash loom and everything.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
vn vp vr vs kframe and vk lower control arms and vn struts is what you want really.

SBM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5Spd
I was thinking of swapping the cap on top of the spring to the VK one. Im not sure if the springs are the same diameter but I will check first. That way it will all bolt straight up (hopefully). Also If i use the VS bearing and brake assy' it will be easy to bolt on later model brakes.

VBRED

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VK Calais 333 Pack
I would be interested to see how you are going to fit up the VS struts. I was just discussing this with my son last night. This would certainly make the VT 2 spot caliper upgrade simpler. I would probable use the VK lower control arms and keep the track the same. I run a VN diff with 225 rubber, SL springs and don't have any major tyre scrubbing issues. I would think that the VS loom and ECU would be a better option. I understand that the VP has block injection and the VS has sequential injection. Sounds like a good project.

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
VT upgrade is almost as easy on a VB-VP you just have to buy the expensive hubs.

VBRED

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VK Calais 333 Pack
I think you will find that the VS strut wheel bearings are a lot bigger and are a sealed unit. Probably buy six sets of VS struts 2nd hand compared to what the price they want for the hub adaptors.

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
i bought the hub adapters to go with my struts as my shocks were all new and its far easier to change the hubs then struts and then swap over shocks, and with VR-VS you had to buy the spacer ring which i didnt like to make the rotors sit properly, you also dont play around with your front track, afaik using VS hubs widens the track a little which makes tyres scrub quicker. Plus your wheels bearings stay all the same so i can go in to repco or wherever and just ask for VK bearings/ seals ect which helps save confusion. Hubs were 300 bucks when i got them.