Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Another VK Wagz

chrisso 82

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB commodore
Hey Danny!!! This thing will be tough as !!!!!!

I know it will turn out as nice as the white one!!!!!

I CANT WAIT !!!!!!!!!!

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
Haha thx mate, I hope it does too. Paint on this isn't as nice as the white one.....but if this one gets a regency defect it won't hurt as much if we scrap it and buy another shell. Works out alot cheaper lol.

Both turbo's now mounted, just need to fit the wastegate flanges on each side. Gonna tilt the driver side turbo back a fraction so it looks similar to the passenger side turbo. Passenger side piping took about twice as long as the driver side coz it had to be made to go around the alternator....PITA that was lol. But it's done!

DSCF6564640x480.jpg

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
yeah man, those tube headers will be fine. they are marine headers yeah? my mate had a pair on his galaxie, replaced them with a full custom extractor setup (done by a pro-shop) and it made squat all difference. but he didnt have any snails :p

i also am amazed at how many cars you manage to find. amazed/jealous... at least it gives me something to read :) keep them pic comin' mate, and dont worry bout misery guts up there, he doesn seem to like anything about anyone. you know ill always be excited by your pics :)

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
[jonnoo];1852156 said:
looks good mate, cant wait to see it finished :)
and loool thats not a starfire bahahaha

Cheers buddy, I can't wait either.....should be fun lol.

yeah man, those tube headers will be fine. they are marine headers yeah? my mate had a pair on his galaxie, replaced them with a full custom extractor setup (done by a pro-shop) and it made squat all difference. but he didnt have any snails :p

i also am amazed at how many cars you manage to find. amazed/jealous... at least it gives me something to read :) keep them pic comin' mate, and dont worry bout misery guts up there, he doesn seem to like anything about anyone. you know ill always be excited by your pics :)

The old Commodores are definitely still out there aye! You mustn't look hard enuf lol.

Nah not marine manifolds, I made these ones myself out of a set of stock VN tube headers. Just lopped the pipes off a few inches after the flange and made them flow into the 2" pipe then welded them together. Needed to cut and rotate 3 of the pipes but overall was pretty easy. Easier then making the rest of the pipe from the manifolds to the turbo's lol...but even that wasn't hard, just took a bit of nutting out, especially the passenger side with the alternator.

DSCF6298640x480.jpg

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
Picked up most of the EFI bits still needed, and rekon I've even got the wiring sussed out so will try and make up a harness to join it up with the original loom. Still gotta move the battery to the back too.

Pretty much just the same pic as b4 except the EFI gear is on.
DSCF6585640x480.jpg

Started mucking around with designing the dump pipes, and have come to the conclusion that 2 3" pipes aren't gonna fit easilly down behind the motor. Have decided to bring the passenger side turbo forward a bit, then have the dump pipe exit through the inner gaurd, over the tyre and down underneath.....things could possibly get messy lol....and hope a cop never asks us to lift the bonnet coz I don't think it's gonna last too long on the road if they do!! Might have to play dumb and say the bonnet cable is broken or sumfin haha.

Anyways, I did actually do sumfin 2day, got one of the wastegates mounted....took all of bout 45 mins lol.

DSCF6612640x480.jpg

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
Have had to move the turbo's round a bit to make the dump pipes go out a bit easier. Done the passenger side. I thought the driver side would of been the easy one but it's being a c**t!!

Anyways here's the passenger side which I done this morning.
DSCF6626640x480.jpg

DSCF6627640x480.jpg

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
Yeah mate, engine bay is to tight to fit the 3" pipes down the back....could be done with a lot of stuffing around, but alot easier to go this way. Will go around the strut assembly (over the wheel) and down the back, will prolly use the flexible pipe for that bit lol. We're not doin jumps in it so it should be fine.

I've now finished pretty much all the exhaust for the engine bay. Only tacked most of it so I can get everything welded up by someone who knows how to weld better then me. I welded the manifolds and they didn't turn out the best...I'm not worried at all about the looks at this stage, but am worried about dags getting in the pipes, coz yeah don't want that **** goin thru the turbos lol.

DSCF6646640x480.jpg

DSCF6645640x480.jpg

DSCF6660640x480.jpg