Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Another VK Wagz

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42

Trav001

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 VH SL 3.3 Litre 5 speed, 2002 VY Executive
The dummy motor is a 308 but it will all be going on a 253 to start with incase sumfin goes wrong....like melted pistons.

So EFI on a 253? arent the valves too big or is that a old wives tale as such cause that sounds freaking awesome :p

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
So EFI on a 253? arent the valves too big or is that a old wives tale as such cause that sounds freaking awesome :p

Nah that's a load of crap....well maybe a std size bore might not work but at the moment my white VK wagon has a 30thou 253 in it with VN heads. I sat the VN head on the motor with a soft spring installed and tested it and she was fine. So put the motor 2gether, put it in and she started and ran first crank. Ya can definitely tell the VN heads have bigger chambers coz starting it sounds like it has bugger all compression lol, and the motor ain't old so I'd hope it's not that lol. I got more info, pics and vids of the 253 with VN heads in my other wagon thread.

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
Well it's time to start on the motor now, here she is......red 253 out of a HJ Kingswood. Apparently it had been rebuilt at some stage so was hoping it didn't have std size bores incase the heads didn't fit. But yeah nothin special....just an old thrashed farm hack which had been sitting for a few years, till we got it (and it started first shot with a good battery and a squirt of "start ya bastard")
DSCF6662640x480.jpg

Pulled it down a yep, 30thou over so the VN heads will be sweet!!
DSCF6665640x480.jpg

Not rebuilding it. Just gonna give it a coat of paint, few new bits and chuck it together. The bottom end is staying as is.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR

yeah :D the proud owner and his weapon.

the other post was cos two of your pics didnt work.

also i know i have asked b4 and i know this isnt that thread, but what do i need to do to put the VH front on my vK? is the bonnet the same? is it just a case of grabbing some bars and reos, and drilling new mount holes? im thinking seriously bout doing it.... again.... cos i cant make my mind up about anything :p

am loving this wagon btw

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
yeah :D the proud owner and his weapon.

the other post was cos two of your pics didnt work.

also i know i have asked b4 and i know this isnt that thread, but what do i need to do to put the VH front on my vK? is the bonnet the same? is it just a case of grabbing some bars and reos, and drilling new mount holes? im thinking seriously bout doing it.... again.... cos i cant make my mind up about anything :p

am loving this wagon btw

Ah ok I think that was a photobucket f**kup. Been having a few probs with it lately. I haven't changed the post since I posted it, they worked here so left it lol.

As for putting VH bumpers on ur VK, my little bro was the one who fitted them to mine. Don't have to change any panels at all, just bolt the VH bars in. Only problems I think he had was bolting it on as the bolts are different I think and I know he welded a spanner onto the end of a screwdriver to be able to reach it down the inside of the chassis rail lol. There may be a better way of doing it tho. Also he may have had to put a bit of slack on the bolts which hold the mounts to the bar as they are a fraction different in width between the 2 (or sumfin like that). If ur goin VH front, I assume you'd be doing a VH back as well (I'd hope so lol), that fitted up good as well, only thing is the holes for the SLE extensions weren't the same as the VK holes, so made small brackets to bolt to the bumper, then bolted the bracket to the body in the original VK holes.

Trav001

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 VH SL 3.3 Litre 5 speed, 2002 VY Executive
a small lack in compression wont matter too much once those turbos spool up, unless we,re talking lots of lack in compression.

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
For this motor it won't matter coz of the turbo's (it will benefit from it lol), but in my white wagz it will be a slug. Still pulled a 2nd gear burnout, would of done alot more if I revved it out but left it in drive and it changed into 2nd pretty low, but kept going. The 253 with VN heads in my white wagz is only in it until the defect comes off.

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
Just got the top end left to put on. She's lookin pretty flash now, gotta excuse the bolts though, didn't spend much time with them lol.
DSCF6731640x480.jpg

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
Finally pulled me finger out and done some more work on the motor....it's pretty much all done....just small bits and pieces left to do.
DSCF6871640x480.jpg

Took a snap of it at night.
DSC02070640x480.jpg