Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Another VK Wagz

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
Ok so me and me bro bought another VK wagz....not getting rid of the white one or anythin, it's just we wanted to try sumfin a little different and didn't wanna use the white wagz to try it in.

The paint isn't tooooo bad.....until ya get up close. But for this one we're just gonna polish the paint, chuck 14" steelies on it with chrome rings, and clean her up to look like a real clean original VK wagon. Gonna experiment a bit under the bonnet tho...

Hopefully should hit the streets within a few months....at least by the end of the year hopefully. :thumbsup:

Anyways here's the beast here....we nicknamed it the Red Rocket! Bought it on Sunday.
DSCF6516640x480.jpg

DSCF6517640x480.jpg

Spent about half hour on it Monday, and 2night done a bit more. So far this is where we're at.
DSCF6552640x480.jpg

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
that bonnet will need ALOT of polishing! LOL, nice inj 5ltr... i done a vl wagon with inj 5ltr bout 5 yrs ago but had to sell it as an unfinished project :-(

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
Turbro???

Or...exhaust on the wrong way for a different reason?

good spot, i didnt even realise that... doesnt look like the best flowing header though :p

clutch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E, R33 GTST
lol polish uncleared paint? needs respray.

lol @ exhaust header back the front

im amazed the old starfire could pull a wagon :O

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
1. The bonnet is rooted.

2. The paint has clear, it's just dirty as f**k in the pic coz I was sitting about 3m behind the tow car on a dirt road while raining so there's dirt spray all over it

2. It was a 202, not a starfire.

3. Manifolds are on the right way.

4. Flow isn't to important when it comes to forced induction (which is the reason I'm not to worried bout using a stock EFI manifold). No way near as important as it is with NA. Trust me, the log manifold WILL work.

The dummy motor is a 308 but it will all be going on a 253 to start with incase sumfin goes wrong....like melted pistons.

These beauties come off a near stock 308 that made 350rwkw at 13psi!
DSCF6265640x480.jpg

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
Started mounting one of the turbo's, but got me measurements slightly mixed up and she's sittin a bit to high. Easy fixed tho.

DSCF6557640x480.jpg

DSCF6555640x480.jpg

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
Will it melt the header tank? looks pretty close in the pics. It never ceases to amaze me where you find all your old commodores from, most of them look alright too, not just total pieces of crap.

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
Ya mean the overflow bottle? If so, not sure, if it melts it I'll put another in but in a diff spot.

There's still alot of old Commodores around. It's not wat ya know, but who ya know. I had 4 VK wagons alone lined up to look at. 2 people didn't get back to me in time, one was a bit overpriced (well I knew I'd find one better and cheaper), and then there's this one which we got.