Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Another VK Wiring question

WHT85Berlina

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Calais
Hi All

I am trying to minimise the wires in the engine bay but cannot for the life of me figure out the relevance of the Pink/Violet wire that runs to the Quadrajet then on to a 2 plug joiner with a Dark Blue or possibly green wire. The then run through the harness to the 21 plug joiner that runs into the dash behind the brake booster.

WHT85Berlina

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Calais
I am no longer using the quadrajet so I assume I no longer need the pink wire??

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
Hi All

I am trying to minimise the wires in the engine bay but cannot for the life of me figure out the relevance of the Pink/Violet wire that runs to the Quadrajet then on to a 2 plug joiner with a Dark Blue or possibly green wire. The then run through the harness to the 21 plug joiner that runs into the dash behind the brake booster.

wire to the Quaddie? its for the electric throttle idle nudger on the quaddie (to prevent running on)
(and linked to the green wire that goes to the temp sensor on the front of the manifold)

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Yeah pink will be anti-dieselling solenoid,dark blue could be cold feed switch if it's middle of engine as alt light,air con,temp & oil sender wires are at front.