Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Another VR Exec

Bizmark

Reaction score
Members Ride
93' Pov-Pac
Took a few new snaps recently.
p1010160a.jpg
[/URL]

Boot leak is pretty much fixed, and sub has been reinstalled.

May have to start looking for another set of wheels, at least 2 of the VR Clubbies are buckled fairly bad :(.

I've also got a new catback put on the VR, 2.25" Pipes with a muffler and hotdog purchased from Not_An_Abba_Fan. I was getting sick of the drone of the 2.5" redback, let's face it the 3800 Buick doesn't quite produce an aurally pleasing note.

Bizmark

Reaction score
Members Ride
93' Pov-Pac
I'm not sure what wheels I will go for, another set of VR Clubby's would be nice, otherwise something black and 5 spoke, with a bit of dish in 17" or 18" would be nice.

The new catback is similar in tone, but it's quieter (still significantly louder than stock) The main difference is a reduction in drone, doesn't drone nearly as much when around 2200-3200 rpm, makes quite a bit of difference when cruising at 100-110kmh.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Looking good. Black rims in 18 will look great.

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Great pics mate. You have a really clean looking VR.

Omerta

Reaction score
Members Ride
95' VS Acclaim
Very clean mate.. I almost ended up with a red VR, but someone beat me to it. Kinda worked out alright tho, coz the white has really grown on me... even tho when I was shopping around I strictly didnt want WHITE haha :p

Bizmark

Reaction score
Members Ride
93' Pov-Pac
Looking good. Black rims in 18 will look great.

Cheers. Yeah I may end up going for black 18"s in the long run.

Great pics mate. You have a really clean looking VR.

Thanks, nowhere near as clean as yours though!

Nice and clean mate

Thanks.

Very clean mate.. I almost ended up with a red VR, but someone beat me to it. Kinda worked out alright tho, coz the white has really grown on me... even tho when I was shopping around I strictly didnt want WHITE haha :p

Thanks. Nothing wrong with white cars, easier to find panels for, and doesn't take too much to make them look class.

Verynice

Band
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice 5L
so clean man, dunno about black rims though, i like the ones that are on there :yeah:

Bizmark

Reaction score
Members Ride
93' Pov-Pac
Well the car is now sitting on black stockies LOL. If I do keep the car long enough, I'd like to get Genuine VP Senator rims, they look pretty much the same as the rims I had on there before, and are an extra half inch wider.

I've just put in VQ-VS Statesman rear grab handles, and wired up the map lights. Next up I want to fix up the wiring for the Calais dome light (It was my first wiring job ever, and it was not the best) and put in a VY Map light/sunnies holder.

I have the wiring for the VY map light sussed out, my only problem is that the VR has its rear view mirror in between the sun visors, which is where VS owners tend to mount the VY sunnies holder). The VS Commo's seem to have their rear view mirror attached to the windscreen. How would I go about sticking a rear view mirror to the windscreen (obviously I'd have to find a VS rear view mirror)