Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Another VR Exec

Bizmark

Reaction score
Members Ride
93' Pov-Pac
Here's another VR exec to add to the JC list, nothing special but its officially my first car. Previous owner did most of the mods, so i haven't done much but that should change soon enough.

Model: VR Executive Series One
Year: 1993
Colour: Maranello Red
Engine Type: 3.8ltr Buick 3800 V6, MACE CAI, removed bellmouth, greenfoam tune
Exhaust: Advance Interference Headers, 2.25" Press bent Mild Steel Catback with straight through Manta Muffler and Hotdog, Formerly was 2.25" Redback single muffler Catback
Gearbox: 4L-60E with corvette servo
Diff: Standard
Brakes: Standard
Suspension: Front: King Spring SL? Rear: King Spring SL and Monroe shocks.
Wheels: 17" VR Clubsport replicas
Interior: VT front seats, Calais Interior Light, Trims painted red and black. A/C and rear demister lights converted to red and blue LED's. Level 3 cluster
Other Mods: Clear oval guard indicators, calais taillight lenses, painted garnish, Window tint, All badges removed bar the rear holden badge, and the commodore badges on the side strips.
Stereo: Kenwood KDC-U6046 Head unit, (Front) Sony splits, (REAR) Rockford Fosgate 6" speakers, Audioline 400w amp.
Future Mods: finish converting the interior illumination to red/blue, redo headliner, and many more.

PICS

Last edited:

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Very nice VR mate. Great colour too, I'm a bit biased though. Lol.

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL Statesman....L67 VS Berlina
Nice And Clean throw some interior pics up i wanna see how those vt seats fit into a VS/VR

MR.HG

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HG Brougham, VS Ute, VR SS
Score!! sweet ride mate!! looks very well cared for mate, look after her and dont thrash her too much and you will have a good car for many years to come.

Bizmark

Reaction score
Members Ride
93' Pov-Pac
Very nice VR mate. Great colour too, I'm a bit biased though. Lol.

Thanks mate, the red on these is a great colour. I hope to have my VR half as nice as yours one day

looks very clean mate and those wheels are vr clubbies

Thanks mate, i've updated my first post to state that these are VR clubbies

Nice And Clean throw some interior pics up i wanna see how those vt seats fit into a VS/VR

Thanks mate. Let me know what angles/views you want of the seats and i'll snap some pics for you.

Score!! sweet ride mate!! looks very well cared for mate, look after her and dont thrash her too much and you will have a good car for many years to come.

Thanks mate, the exterior was cared for reasonably well but being a daily driver it does need some touch ups here and there. Motor isn't in the best condition, it misfires which i'm hoping to sort out soon and then she should be A1 mechanically again and good to go until it rusts away!

I'm open for ideas for future mods to this car so throw out some ideas if you got any.

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Looks nice and clean mate , clubby wheels look the goods .
Would look good with a ss lip kit all round
btw is that fountain gate rooftop lol ?

Bizmark

Reaction score
Members Ride
93' Pov-Pac
Looks nice and clean mate , clubby wheels look the goods .
Would look good with a ss lip kit all round
btw is that fountain gate rooftop lol ?

Thanks mate, i've been debating over getting the ss kit, if it did happen it'd be a bit further down the track.

And yeah that is FG rooftop, i live fairly close to the joint so its a nice easy photoshoot location lol.

Verynice

Band
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice 5L
Very clean indeed man, love the vr clubbies on there, i always wanted some on my VR exec :thumbsup:

looks shithot with darkk tint too :yeah:

Bizmark

Reaction score
Members Ride
93' Pov-Pac
Very clean indeed man, love the vr clubbies on there, i always wanted some on my VR exec :thumbsup:

looks shithot with darkk tint too :yeah:

Cheers.

Sadly the wheels have some gutter rash on them.

------------------------------------------------------
Haven't updated in a while, some things have happened since jan but not a lot.

The car now has a Level 3 cluster and trip computer. It did have a single 12" kenwood 600W sub but I have removed it for now, as the boot has been leaking water into it lately.

At the moment, I'm looking to have the car converted to a T5 manual, as the auto is showing is age and probably does not have much life left in it. Probably will be a better drive too with a 5 speed behind the V6.

Will fix up the boot leak, and sort out new headlining, and some better seats. I will also be changing the interior colour scheme a bit, which will depend on if I do a power window conversion or not.