Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Another VS Head Gasket thread...

Zackk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec
Thanks for the info man. I'd still lose compression though wouldn't I?

Zackk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec
With the new CAS fitted and a new DFI module on there as well, still having some starting issues. Not as bad or frequent, but still there nonetheless. The next step I'm assuming would be coil packs right?

adam10_1990

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore S2 Ute Manual
You're going to get a bit of a laugh out of this.

So i haven't started my car for about a week (battery was flat so it was on trickle charge) anyways, battery finally was charged,

So i started my car (only the exhaust on the passenger side is loose), Well i notice water leaking out on the floor so i assumed i hadn't tightened one of the hoses again.
Well it was leaking out of the drivers side of the engine just behind the power steering pump i assumed,

As an after thought i checked the oil (i did a full service on the engine while it was out)

Well now i have water in the oil which wasn't in the old black oil, which was one of the things i checked. So i am going to assume that bolts have rattled loose holding the heads down or i have done a gasket.

Could my weekend get anymore worse? So now am i going to have to pull the heads of this new motor?

EDIT ; the only thing i did was finger tightned a jack against the exhaust headers and the wall of the car and started the motor. could this have caused the heads to shift?

Last edited:

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
The jack inst going to shift the heads when theyre bolted down to the block. Id say the engine had the problems before... A lot of people lift a V8 engine by the inlet manifold, which is bolted to the heads..

Last edited:

adam10_1990

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore S2 Ute Manual
It 100% wasn't there before, there was no leaking water before, and the oil was black but clean. not milky.