Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

another 'what wheels to get' thread

Escape-The-Fate

HSV, i just want one
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS, M6
GTRwilson,

if you have a look in the "general" section of this forum minux has posted up laws for each state that you can open with abode reader...i had a look but cant remember wat it stated

daniel555

Custom VY Commodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive S2
Yeah, I was talking if your car was low, Thats almost at stock height. People running a low suspension will need certain things other then just Camber Kit and Rolling the gaurds.

Anyway, Looks good, I'd like to see it lower. But nice.

GTRwilson

sell me your VY sigs!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
So what height is that travy? 20mm drop?

How low could i go with 20" + lowered + guards rolled?

also, just noticed travy that tyre size you stated, was that legal for VIC? might be different for up QLD. Ill have to check out that adobe doc. mentioned.

P.S. those white walls look ****ing awsome haha. exactly what i wanted if i got the sigs.

oosty85

YSPOOL
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 5.7 & VR CALAIS 5L
with those big rims on 'Travys' car, the rear looks to be about 20mm lowered..front looks stock

Travy

A bogan with style
Reaction score
Members Ride
VC SL/E & FG XR50 Turbo
I have KHFL 47HD fronts and KHRL 46SLHD rears (basically equivalent to the old SL front and SSL rear codes from kings) to go in with some of the new monroe gt gas sports lowered shocks all round.

Admittedly I would like the front just a touch lower, maybe another 5-10mm but can be stuffed changing the springs again, maybe one day lol.

Car is vic registered, tyres are legal as victoria you can go 15mm over the maximum tyre diameter, rim size is irrelevant as long as the overall diameter is with in the limits ;)
Main thing is load rating, incorrect load rating will void your insurance on the spot.

I use this site to calculate my wheels and tyre diameter Tire size calculator

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
sorry but what idoit would run 225's on an 8" rim? 8inch's wide = 245's minimum. VZ's should have the camber kit FACTORY and the over all diametre may change, the wheels should be legal and i've never met any1 defected for the wrong load rating either so dont stress when buying cheap tires later on.

Travy

A bogan with style
Reaction score
Members Ride
VC SL/E & FG XR50 Turbo
sorry but what idoit would run 225's on an 8" rim? 8inch's wide = 245's minimum. VZ's should have the camber kit FACTORY and the over all diametre may change, the wheels should be legal and i've never met any1 defected for the wrong load rating either so dont stress when buying cheap tires later on.

LOL...

I have been defected for it..... twice on different cars.... I learnt my lesson.. I know of quite a few other people here that have also.

Dont forget it voids insurance having incorrect load rating also, so if you are at fault kiss your insurance good bye..

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
LOL...

I have been defected for it..... twice on different cars.... I learnt my lesson.. I know of quite a few other people here that have also.

Dont forget it voids insurance having incorrect load rating also, so if you are at fault kiss your insurance good bye..

yes thats very ture. im surprised the cops over there took the time to check the locals here just go too low it's going over the pit, and dont look for anything else, in just over 3 years on big chrome wheel i was never done for 'big wheels' but done for too low a few times

Travy

A bogan with style
Reaction score
Members Ride
VC SL/E & FG XR50 Turbo
Vic dont have the "pits" we just have to get a roadworthy certificate if its a major defect, or if its only a minor defect we fix those things and take it to vicroads and they clear it.

To have a major defect you need atleast 3 things wrong or something structural or very dangerous (wire showing on tyres etc)

The TMU (traffic management unit) that comes here on occasions from Melbourne to defect people for a few days always search tyres for load rating first and wear, then height, then BOV's on turbo cars.. they are almost always guaranteed to get atleast one on the cars here lol.

The local cops arent as bad as the TMU but when the TMU hit town everyone stays home lol

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
that's interesting man, yeah in SA it's straight to ride height then noise anything to get in on the regencey park pit.
Last time i was done, i even told the cop that my wheels were wrong (too big) and he still didn't write it down just; low, lould and oil.