Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Another Will They Scrub Thread...

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Having already made one of these threads in the VL section for a mates VL... Im making another for my VN.

I've ordered some 19's for my car, but need to know TODAY what tyres I want on them...

I have King Spring Superlows in the rear, and Lovells Ultralows up front.

Rear guards are rolled, and I have an adjustable panhard rod.

So my question... Will I be fine with 245's? Front and rear... If not, what is stopping me?
If yes, could I dare to go 255's?

Emackulation

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
'92 HSV VP GTS
My car is lowered on superlow king springs all round and I have 18" 235's all round. I dont have any scrubing issues, BUT I have put my hand over the top of the front wheels to see how many fingers i could fit inbetween the edge of the tyre and the strut, i could barely fit one in there, its very tight. So my conclusion is if you go 245 or 255 you would prolly scrub on the indside of the front wheels onto the strut.

BFCK97

HOONVG
Reaction score
Members Ride
VG 5 speed
my mate just got 19 inch senator signatures on his vn.
he has rolled guards and a stock panhard rod and it is farkin low and it doesnt scrub.
he has 245's all round

CALAIS 6

snowballing
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz exec
iv got adjustable strut caps on mine lol dunno what they do bu they where on it when i got it and there shinney lol

xcop5l

4th year spanner spinner
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN ex cop 5L
adjustabil strut tops/bearing plates are there for camber adjustment
they might solve this but what about the tyre rubbing on the strut its self?? you wont be abil to adjust that.
fot the rear geta ruler. 245's are 9.6 inches wide and 255's are 10 inches wide just have a look and see if they will fit.
OR go down to the tyre place and get them to fit them to try the difference. they wont let u take it for a drive but hey should do that.

pandaman

Aussie Muscle Fan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 5.0 A4
I know one fella who's running 245's, he gets a little bit of scrubbing on the rears, nothing too bad though.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Question why is the front lower then the rear? You going for that 70's rake look:rofl:
AirStrike :air: