Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

anouther F U holden thread

esca_ByDesign

Clean and Classy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY exec By Design
ok story time.

bought some VY HSV pedals for my car for christmas from holden and asked the guy how to fit them. he said its easy as, takes 5 minutes and look it up on the internet.
i thought he was a bit rude but thought id give it ago first.
went home, looked on internet, fitted brake and foot rest easy but as i was reading the accelerator is a bit tricky, tried for 2 hours trying to do it and said stuff this ill take it back to the #### head.

went back on friday and said mate its not so easy can you do it for me, he said no you gotta make a booking and bring it back monday. he then said he had no idea how long it would take, after he already told me 5 mins when i purchased them.

went down today to get them to fit it, around 11am, and he said come back at 3? i said are you ####ing kidding me? ill wait here cause you said it would take 5 minutes. sat upstairs for 1 hour and 15 mins, finnaly it was fitted and as i was walking back to my car he said "thats $49.50 thanks mate". he had never said anything about charging me even when he took the keys, so i said get stuffed. he kept going saying we cant do it for free blah blah blah ill call the police.

so reluctantly i paid it and told him not so nicely that he is an idiot, and now im never going back to that holden, or any holden if i can help it.

the main point is he said it would be easy, didnt even try and help me, when i came back he wasnt helpful either, and then decided to charge me.

all in all, a **** expierence, #### YOU HOLDEN
thoughts?

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
What holden dealer was it,Id name them on here so everyone can all avoid going there.If he said it takes 5 minutes to fit them,and it took them an hour,he either doesnt know what hes talking about,or doesnt care much about the customers.Either way,its best to avoid taking your car to places where the people there have an attitude like that..

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
you bought aftermarket parts and expect them to fit them for free LOL

esca_ByDesign

Clean and Classy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY exec By Design
you bought aftermarket parts and expect them to fit them for free LOL

yeah, so? the holden dealer in Lilydale fitted my WK side indicators and passenger seat rail trim for free. if i pay for over priced genuine parts the least they can do it fit it.

VTSSDUDE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L Commodore.
Sorry dude you can't expect a mechanic to fit parts for free whether over priced or not. The side indicators and rail trim are only a 5 minute job, The accelerator takes about about 30mins hence why they charged.
I have done my VT, and I actually found the brake pad harder to fit then the accelerator. Some people have claimed to have done the accelerator whilst still in the car. I took my pedal out and did it, but now I can probably do it blind since I know how the pin is held in. You should have had a go at doing it yourself. I had never done one before. Just a matter of pushing the roll pin out and in again.

esca_ByDesign

Clean and Classy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY exec By Design
yeah i did have a go, its hard to work in your footwell with no light and trying to see on the other side of the pedal.
i can understand why i got charged now because yes it is a bit harder than the others, but the point was he was arrogant and told me it was piss easy, like i was an idiot for asking, then didnt even tell me he was gonna charge me when he did fit it.

if he warned me its a bit tricky and told me the can do it for a small charge if i cant it would have been fine, he must have missed the part about customer service when he got the job.

TMM

OEM+
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina S2
consider yourself lucky. I did my brake pedal and footrest, took 5 minutes max, easy. The roll pin defeated me. Garry and Warren Smith Holden took two and a ####ing half hours to do my accelerator pedal, charging me $80. Not to mention i was told it would take "half an hour" and they were also rude and arrogant when i asked what the hell was going on after an hour of waiting. They were the only dealer near me that i hadn't had a bad experience with. Well now they can all get ####ed, i only go to Holden to get parts i cannot get anywhere else now.

Just a matter of pushing the roll pin out and in again.
Holden actually use a new roll pin due to the possibility of metal fatigue causing the old one to fall out again.

VTSSDUDE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L Commodore.
Bloody hell mate, it took me about three hours and about 30 minutes was getting the brake pedal on. I had to pull apart half the bottom part of the dash to get up to the bolts on the accelerator pedal to take it out.
Holden will always use new things like that, it's just to cover their back sides if by the chance your pin fell out, I couldn't see mine falling out, it was tight to get out and tight to get in. They are roll pressed high tensile, they shouldn't loose too much of their strength.

Sean880

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 ser 2 and 911 Porsche Carrera S 997
Sorry dude you can't expect a mechanic to fit parts for free whether over priced or not. The side indicators and rail trim are only a 5 minute job, The accelerator takes about about 30mins hence why they charged.
I have done my VT, and I actually found the brake pad harder to fit then the accelerator. Some people have claimed to have done the accelerator whilst still in the car. I took my pedal out and did it, but now I can probably do it blind since I know how the pin is held in. You should have had a go at doing it yourself. I had never done one before. Just a matter of pushing the roll pin out and in again.

Yes I agree.

What is it with these people who expect to get things for free and then whine when they get charged for a job that takes about 30 minutes or more.

The world does not owe you.

If you cannot do a job yourself and take it to a mechanic to do then you will have to pay - whether at Holden or somewhere else.

You are not entitled to free work just because some dill in the parts department told you it was an easy DIY job. Maybe for him it was - but that's irrelevant.

So giving a Holden dealer a blast for this exercise is totally unwarranted.