Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Antenna clicking

GIJoel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
Whenever I turn the radio on/off, the automated antenna erects/retracts and makes a clicking sound at the end of the process. My best guess is the motor is winding the antenna more than it should and the clicking sound is teeth jumping? I haven't a clue how to fix that :/

Would it be worth just disabling the motor, since I'm looking at getting a new head unit, that might render the feature useless? Not to keen on that though.

GTS-Replica

Full Members
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International / VS GTS-R Replica!
It was doing that on my dads statesman we just disconected it.

manual_vx

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx s-pac
Hey guys, I also have the same problem with my vx. How do you disalble it?

jonboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn executive s2 v6
more like how do you Fix it is what i want to know
to disable remove the inner guard (plastic rivets and screws easy as) and disconect the plug. that should do it.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
The mast needs replacing. It will cost around $30 and is not that difficult to replace.
vt mast | eBay

daNc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina II
The mast needs replacing. It will cost around $30 and is not that difficult to replace.
vt mast | eBay
mine makes a clicking noise what comes from the right hand side of the steering wheel in the dash, thought it must of been normal but guess not, seeing the aeriel is on the left hand side i thought it would click over there but nope, guess i need a new mast too then? doesnt annoy me too much though, or could it cause more damage?

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
Ever since I got the VY, five years (110,000 k's) ago, it's done this too. When it gets to the fully up/fully down position it gives about four little clicks. Mast isn't bent and doesn't have any problems. Doesn't worry me.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
I put up with the clicking for about a year and finally replaced the mast, I must say it is a lot better without the clicks.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
mine makes a clicking noise what comes from the right hand side of the steering wheel in the dash, thought it must of been normal but guess not, seeing the aeriel is on the left hand side i thought it would click over there but nope, guess i need a new mast too then? doesnt annoy me too much though, or could it cause more damage?
Yours don't sound like a mast problem, the clicking could be coming from the BCM.

daNc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina II
Yours don't sound like a mast problem, the clicking could be coming from the BCM.
ah is that bad? how would i fix this then?

EDIT: used to hear it every time i would press the up or down button for the antenna on the stock head unit, and also when turning the car off once its finished going down all the way you hear an even louder click what comes from the direction the antenna actually is, not on the right hand side of steering wheel, so maybe i have both problems?