Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

antenna issue

klone74

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY
Hi People,

this is my first post as i just found this web page.

I have just installed a new system in my car all running fine only thing that annoys me is when i start the car up the antenna comes up even when i have it in usb and cd mode is there any way to make the antenna stay down while it is in usb mode and cd mode and only come up when the radio is turned on?

i am running a pioneer deh-6150bt head unit if this helps.

If any one could help it would be a big help thanks.

227shanno

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss 5.7
the antenna is ment to come up. no matter what your doing eg radio,cds,mp3... as soon as it gets power, up it goes

caaf

Reaction score
Website
www.aurfscan.com.au
Members Ride
VYII Equipe S/wagon V6
Monitor the ANT trigger on the radio switching between modes to see if it's on all time or switch's on and off ... as you may be able to find way to retro fit a control relay as the standard ant is controlled via the BCM.

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
It's possible to do the above, buts its much easier to install a small toggle switch inline with the antenna control wire so you can put the antenna down when not listening to the radio.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
I had the same problem when I had my Pioneer H/U, but when I upgraded to my expensive Kenwood unit it only went up for radio and down for everything else. I think it just depends on wheather you H/U has that feature or not.

caaf

Reaction score
Website
www.aurfscan.com.au
Members Ride
VYII Equipe S/wagon V6
It's nothing to technical holdenboy.. A simply solution found here. Although I haven't tested it, I can't see why it wouldn't work ;)

Agreed if you have the ant powering up via a radio that simply powers on through any play mode a simple switch would solve the problem.. Hence I suggested to see if the HU actually does the triggering ;)