Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Antenna mechanism

Seanyy

"HULK"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim
My VX has a Pioneer DEH 21001 headdie installed, and as soon i power that up then the antenna mechanism is triggered too.
Dodgy installation job, as the firing wire was obviously routed through the power wire for the head unit, not the tuner wire, and im sick of listening through my ipod integration with my "fully sick as" antenna poking up like the Eiffel Tower.
I was thinking of doing one of 2 things: re-wiring the antenna and head unit so the antenna only goes up when i change to the radio,
Or installing a switch for a master control of the antenna.
So, switch or correction?

Lazza78

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT HBD LS1, VL calais project
from what i have found with pioneer headunits that there is only one wire(remote) to control this so u will always have ya aerial up.... every other brand i have installed has had 2 wires for this, 1 for amp and 1 dedicated for the aerial which are both blue wires, 1 with a white trace...

hope this makes sense for ya mate

Seanyy

"HULK"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim
So you reckon i needa get a different brand head unit?
It wouldnt be possible to just simply put a switch in?
I suppose, if there's only the one wire for the amp and aerial, it'll control the amp too. Which is the opposite of what i want haha.

Lazza78

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT HBD LS1, VL calais project
yeah mate if u were only running the aerial off it u could put a switch in place but with an amp that isnt goin to work..... u could change the headunit but firstly check to make sure u only have the 1 blue wire off the harness, one of the guy i work with has a current model pioneer headunit which has 2 blue wires.....how old is the headunit u have ??

pull the headunit out mate and sus it out.. let me know how ya go..

Larry