Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Antenna mounting brackets

JoshuaHolmes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Hi all

Excuse me if this has been asked, but I have searched high and low and have not been able to find anything.

I am looking for mounting brackets for the boot of a VE SV6 for mobile/amateur radio. I have noticed the Highway Patrol vehicles have ones that go up, forward and out to keep them out of the way of the boot/spoiler. Any ideas where one can track such a device down (although they are probably a custom Police Engineering job)?
Any other suggestions? I don't really want the antennas on the front, side or suction capped to the rear window. Same goes for the chunky boot lip mounts.

These photos illustrate clearly.
PA 204 Commodore SS | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
CC206 Commodore SS | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
CC206 Commodore SS | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Cheers for any advice.

SV6.07

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6 Nitrate & 2011 VE SV6 Poison Ivy
have a look at mine. . have one is mobile and other is uhf. is this what u want or boot mount. heaps of ppl think am unmarked anyway. the one you see on highway cars and unmarked are just boot mount ones. simple to find.nothing special about them. you can buy them for about $120 i wanted a neater look so put a glass mount one on. which cost me $40 for each Arial it depends on what range you want too. ones like mine are fine for local. but if your going up bush. then you want a high gain... the ones on highway cars. that look like broom handle are high gain mobile phone Arial. one on other side it commercial radio one.

Attachments

• s_DSCN0064.JPG
    s_DSCN0064.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 2,605
  • s_DSCN0063.JPG
    s_DSCN0063.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 2,901
  • s_DSCN0062.JPG
    s_DSCN0062.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 1,884

JoshuaHolmes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Cheers for the post.
Not quite what I am after. As you can see in the pictures, I am after the metal brackets which attach to the boot interior.

JoshuaHolmes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Sweet. Thanks! :)

SV6.07

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
here is another link and how there mounted when u mount them. just to be careful put some silicone on threads of bolts to make sure no water leaks past them and into boot. and careful with the cable and the boot rubber. test it out with hose to make sure ur boot is not going to leak..
Bonnet/Boot Mounting Z Bracket

JoshuaHolmes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Cheers dude, but still not quite it.
I currently have a Z bracket on my old car but the ones on the VE Police cars are slightly different.
Notice how they point forward and up, which is what leads me to believe they are a custom job. If you can think of anything else it would be great.
I'll probably have to end up going for the ordinary bracket and do some modifying.

I dropped in some cropped images for a better look.

ant1.png

ant2.png

ant3.png

SV6.07

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
i feel you send the pics to the links. they might be able to help. i will ask my cousin about them. he is TOG officer in mornington peninsula he might know where there highway units get serviced and about those brackets

JoshuaHolmes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Cheers mate, thanks for all your help.

Who are you saying I should send the links to?

SV6.07

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
those links i sent on z brackets. email them with those cropped pics. asking them this is what u want these brackets. just go to there contact them area and most allow u to email them. attach ur cropped pictures asking can they find these brackets.. they might even know where to find them or who to ask.
otherwise. print the cropped ones out.. go to a stanless steal engineer. tell him what u want. he will take some measurements from ur car and make them up. not hard to do.