Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Antenna Replacement

M

Murmur77

Some little T U R D (S) snapped my whole antenna arerial off in a car park ... how easily can I replace this ???(non mechanical type) and I've just had knee surgery so it makes me highly unlikely to be involved in the process :( There is a about an inch of the original antenna sitting there ..... can I buy all the gear from a holden dealer or am I better to just but the gear from a place like repco etc?
Sorry guys ... this annoys me and I need my antenna for the radio telecasts for the footy as it's finals time (AFL) and I work in hospitality so can't relax over the weekend and watch the games like most others as I'm stuck at work till the best bit of the game(s):(

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
A new antenna is about $10 - maybe even up to $20 from Big W, K Mart or Supercheap. To replace you need to get on your hands and knees under the front wheel and under the dash. A wire coathanger will do the same job and costs nothing till you're able to replace it properly. Just slip in in the bit of the old aerial thats left. Shape it like Australia or a hand with 4 fingers (as in the Simpsons)

quiksilver1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vu ss
hako is there any panels inside the front gaurd which need to be removed to gain access to antenna?

jNINE

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
I have a 'couple'
From memory when I replaced mine I had to remove the computer cover/kickpanel from the passenger side of the car on the inside (had to remove glovebox as well), as well as the plastic inside the guard. Not sure if there was an easier way, but I found that's the only way I could do it.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Yup - there is a plastic cover inside the guard which is held there by bent metal tabs and maybe by the mudflap screws if fitted. Bit messy as there is usually heaps of dried mud/dirt in that area. Simple to remove/replace.