Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

anti theft ideas wanted

Shifty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
EF Almost Turbo
ronette said:
its a bit out of the box, but a heavy duty locksmith padlock around the auto gear shifter worked on my old mans VL 18 years ago and same with me when I had a VL which got broken into twice but the car never left it's spot with out me knowing

Still tying to figure out how this works..

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Well you can get a couple, one goes between the shifter and the handbrake, so you can't put it into gear. But the padlock basically goes between the T and the lever underneath.

This methods pretty dodgy though as its not too hard to get around it.

Shifty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
EF Almost Turbo
bextor84 said:
Well you can get a couple, one goes between the shifter and the handbrake, so you can't put it into gear. But the padlock basically goes between the T and the lever underneath.

This methods pretty dodgy though as its not too hard to get around it.

ohhh.. i get ya now :)

R

rattattack1313

also...like Spac said... itat works good...another 1 is to have, like 4 switches in a row....and you are the only one that knows which one goes which way to start it........( but you gotta make it hard to get to the wires behind, or it;s easy for them then)........

HDT_aero

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
manual VN aero
heres my trick its for a vn but i dont see why not a vl
because im too pov to go and buy a decent $1000 alarm every time my cars not garaged especially in a shonky part of town i pop my hood and remove the main computer fuse (in my vn these are a box shaped fuse that cost like $20 - $30 to buy, so i make sure i dont loose it 2)

so now unless they happen to have 1 of these expensive fuses handy my car aint going no where :) and thats the main thing i spose. id rather find it with my stezza ripped out and a bit of damage than not there at all.

ps. dont leave your locknut key in your car either

one last thing if i was to purchase an antitheft device it would definatley be a well placed gps tracker so i could find the ***** and get revenge

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
My mates got a VN and his old man is a mechanic so he made a kill switch from the hazard lights button, in other words to start the car you have to hold the hazard light button. this is very effective his car has never been pinched

R

rattattack1313

ucwepn said:
My mates got a VN and his old man is a mechanic so he made a kill switch from the hazard lights button, in other words to start the car you have to hold the hazard light button. this is very effective his car has never been pinched
..now that is a good idea......

Just_Ice

Reaction score
ucwepn said:

Until now when car thiefs read this and if the car won't start they hold down the hazard button.....

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
lol and every other little thing mentioned.

ive seen a button on an auto VL between the little fluffy flaps that the auto shifter shifts through. you will never see it! and if you have fat fingers youll never get to it either...

HDT_aero

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
manual VN aero
vlv8vic said:
lol and every other little thing mentioned.

ive seen a button on an auto VL between the little fluffy flaps that the auto shifter shifts through. you will never see it! and if you have fat fingers youll never get to it either...

most car theives are fat c**** so they have the weight to jump on the steering wheel and break the steering lock... lol