Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

anti theft ideas wanted

Shifty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
EF Almost Turbo
ucwepn said:
My mates got a VN and his old man is a mechanic so he made a kill switch from the hazard lights button, in other words to start the car you have to hold the hazard light button. this is very effective his car has never been pinched

Ive seen this bfore, quite effective :)

stock_vl

wh internationals?
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl calais 3.0L
i just have the stock alarm....
hope no theif gets on this site!! AGH

ummm.... gprs would be a charm if you had the dolla's...

from what i understand!!

the bigger the lock the better!!

you have wheel braces and huge steering wheel lock...
they see it and are like... bugger it!

if you got a switch to stop them taking your car.. then they steal your sound system....

but then i spose sound system isnt as bad as the lot...

D

Darkness

I Just checked out a place today actually that stock “Rhino” systems. There is one that has a two stage shut-down system that will kill your fuel pump and something else… it also has a pager up to 1.5 kilometers range and a SMS is sent to your mobile phone. If your first two kill switches are bypassed you then have a satellite navigation that will show you were the car is and can be stopped anytime via “Rhino back to base monitoring” and the cops will be alerted.

If you want to spend 2 grand on a system, then by all means this is the best one. I look at it this way, if you spend 20+K on hotting your car up, what’s 2 more grand going to hurt?

Note: It has sensors up the wahzoo that will detect anything from a minor bump (trying to open the door via the door handles) to a window break. It has a double alert setting that will allow you to have just the pager and SMS go off for little minor bumps and then have the pager, SMS, and GPRS monitoring if the car is actually broken into or the first two kill switches are bypassed.

VLACS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive
im getting that. where is it. perth supplier??

haha i like this thread its a good chance to get smart.
i want something that will actually hurt the ****ers. the monkey is good. but i want them to be hospitalised for a while. not just unconscous

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
The tracking ones cost so much per year or month to track don't they?

michaelw

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2
How about this. Telstra have a service where you send an sms to a number you can get the gps cords of the mobile. Some mobiles can be hooked up to electronics to read/send sms. So you could 1)locate your car 2)kill the engine when you and the cops show up.

Advantage over gps is that gps needs to see the sky. The metal roof is enough to kill the signal.

Mike

R

rattattack1313

VLACS said:
im getting that. where is it. perth supplier??

haha i like this thread its a good chance to get smart.
i want something that will actually hurt the ****ers. the monkey is good. but i want them to be hospitalised for a while. not just unconscous

.....hee heee heee...in South Africa yuo can get cars that have gas pipes poking out under the sides and back.....press the button, and a recorded voice warns people to stand away......next second......6 foot flames shoot out..........

seventh path

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VL RB30 Berlina
put some electric current through the body....don't imagine it would be good for the car but funny to watch them to try and break in!!!

Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Crapbox
lol, u can buy a kit from jay car or get it installed at auto electrician, its a relay circuit that wont allow the car to start unless you earth out the circuit by touching an earth point that its set to. I had my rear demist switch as the earth but my old VB, i used a screw in the dash. When you complete the circuit, it allows the ignition to supply the 12 volt to the starter.

The other method on autos is the old inhibitor switch that wont let you start in gear. Cut the wires and put a switch in there and hide it under the console.

stock_vl

wh internationals?
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl calais 3.0L
ALRIGHTY!!
i like the sound of the sms and satelite.....
id ruther boot a hoooge steering lock and a wheel lock or something liek that and lock the gear lever then also the sms... this way you can run to your car and get there within 4 minutes say!! =)
run out there hold in button (1) pull out you 2by4 and smack the %$#^&@@# outta who eva da hell it is....
id ruther teach theif his own way... can call cops after you hit em in the knees etc....

(i maybe slightly aggressive yes... but i hate theives n low life people like that something chronic!!)