Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ants VP Calais 5L new toy

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
Got a lil bit 2 add havent dun alot 2 the car just been enjoying driving it atm how eva few weeks ago i did find i was gettin a slow leak of coolent from the water pump onto the balencer so started 2 make a lil white mess here n there so decided 2 replace the seals and thought may aswell put in a new pump $52 from repco y wouldnt ya? lol apparently was leakin a tiny bit from the seals and a bit from the drain hole on the old pump.

Took the car on its 1st long trip last weekend did almost 1000kms round trip so was a good time 2 test out foamies tune and how well the car handled. Was great i must say i was expecting it not 2 go as smoothly as it did, over takin wasnt a problem at all somtimes u didnt even know u were doin it :p 100 -160 theres some definate pull there haha.

Managed 2 get 560kms out of a tank was sittin on 11/110kms the whole way even tho the road was rough as ****. at times doin 100 i was gettin readings of 8.4-9.2/100kms :w00t:

Since the road was that rough a few days ago i started feelin a vibration from the exhaust note on idle and wen u accelerate. Put it up on a hoist 2 check out wat was the go i found my cross member that the trans sits on, the 2 passenger side bolts had either rattled off/out on that long drive or they just werent dun up 4 some reason? neways 2 bolts and noise was fixed :D was told i was lucky i didnt break the engine mounts if i kept on driving.

Last edited:

vnv8driver

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
304 Calais
Thanx again mack should b a lil over par now with the chip tune :p

Yesterday i changed my diff oil it was pretty dirty u could just see through it lookin into some light. The new diff oil stinks like **** hahaha

Image110.jpg

Also ordered a set of the HAZE rims 2 i got it booked in 4 next friday 2 see if these will fit our guess is they should the rims on my car atm have an offset of 40 the new rims i think r 45 so shouldnt have ne dramas but we'll see :p

any1 want these pieces of **** rims? lol

is that exhaust system standard or did you get it fitted? if so how much better does it go over the single muffler setup?

DioXidE

Reaction score
Members Ride
SKD55
I think it was discussed before it was a std system.....

DioXidE

Reaction score
Members Ride
SKD55
I think ours share the same floorpan to an extent mate. Mine is twin cats into a merge with a singel 3" muffler, They couldnt fit 2 mufflers under there...

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
Your exhaust is normal for VP calais, statesman and SS too I think, that's the factory setup. The Executives with IRS like mine only got a single muffler and I'm not sure on the Berlina's

As posted above previously its seems 2 b standard so i couldnt really tell u if its better over over a single system man.

Tho im undecided which 2 do 1st exhaust or LSD diff? i think they'll both cost round bout the same tho im leaning 2wards the LSD diff there is some diff whine n its rather annoying at times haha easy fixed with the stereo tho :p

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
LSD for the win:) Greenfoam tune + wet road + LSD = a heap of fun.:thumbsup: