Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ants VP Calais 5L new toy

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
ooh a whole car for $8000 doesn't sound right. That's more like a bare metal respray price. Maybe hunt down a reputable shop for the repairs, you might get a more reasonable quote for the excess work

Sam

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
You wouldn't want to bare metal respray a VN-onward. They are coated really well against rust and soon as you sand that metal back it's all over. You would have the only VN/P that could rust as fast as an EA falcon :)

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
It's just the whole shell is dipped in some stuff to galvanize it (several times), it's like I bought a sheet of zinc coated sheet metal a year ago, it's been laying outside in the rain since then and hasn't got a spot of rust on it, same deal with VN's. But if I were to sand the sheet then put it back outside, it would be covered in rust a day later. So it would really be best to just gently rub the old paint back then go over it without going too deep

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
Yeah theres no way i could up front that sorta money right now neways lol i might actually shop around and see wat i can get. Im just a lil worried if i choose a cheaper quote i may not get the rear pulled out as best as it can but then again i could b supprised lol but at this stage i may only get the roof dun coz thats the worst of the lot the bonnets not that bad but u can see where its starting 2 just fade.

1dvsbstd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SERIES II 2016
Love this car man its f***n awsome
wish i had space for two!

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
WoW that's got to suck, **** like that almost makes me want to weld in support braces an **** at the back whenever my bumper is off lol! I'd cry llolololol