Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ants VP Calais 5L new toy

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
2 b honest not sure wat stage it is definatly not stage 3, the previous owner was told reason its there its 2 help change 1st and 2nd gear better? is there ne way of knowin 4 sure or is it a case of u need 2 drive it 2 b able 2 tell?

veclubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Clubsport
**** yeh ant thats sik! imagine it would go alrite to ay haha we'll have to go for a few bog laps sumtime mate haha :thumbsup:

ryan

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
yer 4 sure man i'll b able 2 keep up with ya now :p hahaha should b a cruise not far away i rekon? u got ne plans 2 go on 1 soon? the VT aint ready 4 them yet but the calais will b

veclubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Clubsport
not sure wen there is one on soon ay...if u no of one let us no and ill come along...is there anything for brockies 1st yr memorial that u no of?

ryan

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
dunno ay will have 2 keep a look out in the WA section if not we should just go 4 a cruise somewhere

crewzincool

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN-V6/2005 SV6
looks cool man! My neighbour has one of these its like new, he's about 60 and he's wife is the only one that drives it.. he brought it brand new with factory manual ...
hopefully i can score it one day soon

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
cars offically licenced and in my name now it passed the pits and new plates r on :thumbsup: tho since its been at the mechanics gettin these things sorted and gettin a full service the mechanics found a small crack in the inlet manifold so water was gettin into the motor so now have 2 get that fixed if theres no corrosion inside they will weld it up other wise could b lookin 4 another manifold.....dam its frustraing i havent been able 2 drive the car much since i got it :bang: hahaha

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars finally back :w00t: alright only part i wasnt 2 sure on was the amount i spent on the car ended up spending $3000 on it 2 get it 2 where it needs 2 b, pretty much back 2 new heres a list of stuff that got dun i know half of this coulda been dun by myself but car was at the mechanics same time it was goin over the pits so just left it in their hands

4 New tyres $180each (balanced & alignment also)
Front strut catridges $280
New strut bearings $160
New Rear shocks $185
SL Front & Rear King Springs $245
Rear CV boot $30
Seal tail shaft $12
Timing Cover Set $49
Manifold Set $46
Fan Belts $45
Dissy cap & Rotor Button (Greenfoams request) :p $19
Wiper Blades $10
Coolent & flush $26
Engine Oil $20
2 x Carby Clean $18
Vacume Hose $29
Hose Fitting $8
2nd hand left front strut (old 1 was bent n couldnt b aligned) i paid 4 that they just fitted and aligned it $100

Total $1660
Labour 18 hours $1340 (ouch)
= $3000

Nething else ive missed here was covered n fixed on the pit list b4 hand that was posted

After that spent the car definatly sounds and runs 10 times better tho wanna run it 4 a week b4 im totally satisfied 4 sure

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yer she feels heaps better now mayb a lil slow than wat i expected off the line but im sure wen i finish the rest of the service, that and Greanfoams request it should b fine :thumbsup:

Been a lil busy over the weekend i got new tail lights as the left 1 b4 leaked water in the boot so i decided 2 tint the lights and the garnish and put the strips back on came up better than i thought wasnt sure the light would shine through well enough but it does.

Image011-2.jpg

Image015.jpg
Image016.jpg

Also fixed the left rear electric window the reglator motor was stuffed but it was a b**** 2 replace, had 2 bolt instead of riverting these, the new brakets mounts didnt line up with the old holes so i managed 2 just swap the motors over n used the old runners and mounts and it worked a treat :thumbsup: now just waitin 4 the right rear regulator 2 arrive so i can do the same.

Last edited: