Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ants VP Calais 5L new toy

calaiscruzer

I drink beer, and I vote!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Atlas Grey VN SS
Total $1660
Labour 18 hours $1340 (ouch)
= $3000

FAR OUT!!! $75ph...that mechanics raping you!!!:eek::eek:
Hope he did a good job

But..Sounds nice..good buy.:thumbsup:

Emackulation

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
'92 HSV VP GTS
Also fixed the left rear electric window the reglator motor was stuffed but it was a b**** 2 replace, had 2 bolt instead of riverting these, the new brakets mounts didnt line up with the old holes so i managed 2 just swap the motors over n used the old runners and mounts and it worked a treat :thumbsup: now just waitin 4 the right rear regulator 2 arrive so i can do the same.

I have the same problem with my rear passenger window regulator, may I ask where you got a replacement from and how much? You say it was a bitch to do also?

BTW The tail lights came up a treat :p

Troyziee

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV-R Sportwagon
how'd u re-do tha stripes on ur taillights??
u just us exec. lights?

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
I have the same problem with my rear passenger window regulator, may I ask where you got a replacement from and how much? You say it was a bitch to do also?

BTW The tail lights came up a treat :p

thanx man :thumbsup: i got the regulators off ebay $60 or u may b able 2 find some from a wrecker not sure on price there tho. They r only a bitch coz if u got big hands expect them 2 get cut up lol its not 2 bad really the hardest part is getting the holes 2 line up while ur bolting them up really. i say mine was a bitch coz the regulator mounting holes didnt line up with every hole so i had 2 get some torx bits 2 undo the screws 4 the motor and change them over that way using the old mounts.

how'd u re-do tha stripes on ur taillights??
u just us exec. lights?

yer they were new exec lights i tinted them up 1st then taped it all up so only the strips were showing then painted them silver then after that dried i put a couple coats of clear over the top, same with the garnish.

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
Car looks great mate, a bit of work and it'll be like a new one :) Make sure you polish it regularly, being dark, keep the old paint in good condition!

What front grille is that?? My mate (Cogez) has a VP Calais and I swear it's not like that. Looks great though and I'll try to make him buy one :) If you know what it is I'm interested!

Love the car mate
Sam

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
Car looks great mate, a bit of work and it'll be like a new one :) Make sure you polish it regularly, being dark, keep the old paint in good condition!

What front grille is that?? My mate (Cogez) has a VP Calais and I swear it's not like that. Looks great though and I'll try to make him buy one :) If you know what it is I'm interested!

Love the car mate
Sam

thanx man its coming along nicely now 2 b honest i dont know much bout these models but im pretty sure its definatly a type of calais grill its the same as wats on the internationals less the badge but im sure other calais had them 2.

i'll update here 2 been playin round with the car a bit put some 6x9s in the holes in the parcel shelf made up some spaces 4 it used pine 2 match the tan interior also did a build up so the speakers mounted ontp somthing solid so there was no give while the speakers were in use.

Also changed all 10 or so heater hoses in the car after finding some small leaks in a couple hoses decided 2 do them all in 1 hit kinda annoyed bout that the mechanics should have picked them up wen they pressure tested it but dun now and did it all my self this time took me a couple hours but well worth it and enjoyed doin it 2 :p

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
Always better to do your own work if you can I reckon :) save money and worries. Worries over whether it was done properly. Also if you find something else that's already wrong/dodgy you can fix it while you're there, not just put everything back together anyway like a mechanic might :)

fnlow1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais '93

Love the car mate
Sam

Grill is standard VP calais by the looks.... the outside edge/rim has been colour coded tho :thumbsup:

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
Maybe that's the difference I'm picking.. I'll get Cogez to have a look. I'd just take a look at his car but... it's on the other side of the country until Christmas.

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
Finally got rid of the ugly wood grain steering wheel was lookin 4 an orininal 1 but couldnt find a decent 1 that wasnt wrecked or worn so got this 4 $80 including the boss kit i think its fake leather not sure but its black n matches the dash surround so kinda looks the part. Dont mind the messy wires from the sun roof lol i had the cover off should have put it on 4 the pic but meh ahaha

Thought i may aswell get some pics of the 6x9s i fitted nothing fancy but they do the job 4 now

Image008-1.jpg
Image018-1.jpg

Also changed all spark plugs (NGK) and new leads the other day $60 i cant believe how much of a difference they would make definatly money well spent there.

Next i have 2 replace my throttle cable theres a kink in the black sheilding that wraps the cable itself so wen u put ur foot down it kinks 2gether and doesnt allow the throttle 2 oppen fully i rekon its only opening bout 80% if that with ur foot flat down.

Last edited: