Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ants VP Calais 5L new toy

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
Gave the car its 1st wash haha came up alright 4 old paint but dam i hate chrome even more now i spend nearly an hour polishing those suckers with mothers polish thats good stuff tho haha

Image005.jpg

Also change my O2 sensor found that was buggered had some lil metal thing rattling round wen i took it out dont think thats nomal haha

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
Changing the oxygen sensor is a good move. Also, if you haven't already, do the distributor cap and rotor and the fuel filter. These can make quite a difference if they haven't been done in a while.

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah distrubutor cap n rotor button were changed wen i did the leads at the same time that was 1 of greenfoams request so had 2 do it lol :p havent yet dun the fuel filter i'll do that at the same time wen i replace the breather hoses on the fuel tank as i somtimes get some fuel leakin wen i fill the car up. Next friday im gonna b giving the motor an engine flush with some engine flush additive, dropping the oil again and changing the oil filter at the same time.

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
Got the car Tinted on friday came up nice was heaps happy with the result only cost $300 its a shade darker than legal but its not 2 dark 2 get picked up i dont rekon seen alot darker out there lol

Also changed my throttle cable the other week $25 off ebay chucked out the old 1 that had that kink in the black cover that gave it bout 20mm of slack on the pedal n man how much of a difference it made with the response with the throttle. Did it myself only took bout 20mins was easier 2 do than wat i thought it would b.

Image005-1.jpg

AngryVN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS UTE
nice lookin ride man, i so badly want a 5L. your lucky to have one! are u getting new rims? if so what sort? Im not a fan of chrome either.

nicko

Carbon Positive - DO IT!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
Very nice ride u have ant well done.

Maybe some rims like this???, jst not in chrome

Image2837829.jpg

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanx guys well ive been lookin into speedy and CSA rims as they seem 2 have more range in darker rims ive looked at so far atm i want somthing thats either dark grey or black or with the shadow black rim with some machined bits on the face but i also want the dish 2 b machined not chrome i was thinkin mayb Cheetr Rims from speedy but i dunno they r a lil common i think but havent seen many in black tho.

M5VT2 those rims would look nice machined only thing with those i wanna get a different style from wat the VT has being a 5 spoke rim 2, definatly loving the dish tho :thumbsup:

Almost 4got nearly had a blow out with the left rear the other day i noticed b4 coming home from work it was slightly under deflated so was gonna go put some air in it but by the time i got 2 the servo was 2 late the tyre wasnt flat enough u couldnt drive on it but bein as flat as it was it ruined the inner side wall and bubbles like **** wen air was put back in so got 2 new federals 4 the rears so mite b able 2 get just rims as soon as crissy mayb now :w00t:

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
nice lookin ride man, i so badly want a 5L. your lucky to have one! are u getting new rims? if so what sort? Im not a fan of chrome either.
pm sent

Heres wat i been lookin at so far doors r still open 4 suggestions?
Something like my shadow chrome 19s? 19s or 20s honestly look perfect on VTs, 18s are a touch too small for the guards, especially with a bodykit. Also, the lower you go the smaller rims you can get away with.

Check out my VR SS thread, there's a massive dish on those, looks tough. Shadow chrome too, not chrome :) I'm in Perth hills by the way

Sam

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
pm sent

Something like my shadow chrome 19s? 19s or 20s honestly look perfect on VTs, 18s are a touch too small for the guards, especially with a bodykit. Also, the lower you go the smaller rims you can get away with.

Check out my VR SS thread, there's a massive dish on those, looks tough. Shadow chrome too, not chrome :) I'm in Perth hills by the way

Sam

This is 4 the VP man the VT already has its rims im goin 18s again mainly coz of the cost of tyres 4 19s and 20s r way over priced 4 wat they r really worth and how long they last 4 wat u pay, i dont really like the look of 20s coz of how skinny the tyre has 2 b 2 fit under the guards and not scrap on ur struts ect.... just takes the toughness out i rekon havin a lil bit of rubber on ur rim looks good 2.

ur rims look awsome tho man thats somthing wat im after wat r urs called? they look similar 2 the speedy cheetah rims im lookin at just with out the studs around the rim.