Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ants VP Calais 5L new toy

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
After doin a fair bit of homework on this car i finially decided after a month 2 buy it late 92 VP calais and finally a 5L V8 wooooo :w00t: haha. its got 238000kms on the clock i managed 2 get the price down from $3000 to $2200 4 a few reasons

Car had NSW plates on it so straight up i needed 2 spend money on new WA plates and it had 2 go over the pits 2 b able 2 get the plates changed which its gettin dun as we speak.

Since its been over in WA 4 over a year and a half it did go over the pits wen it 1st came here and only dun 4000kms since there was a list of things that needed 2 b dun that have all been fixed or replaced in the last few days heres a list of wat needed 2 b dun straight up:

Inspection-1.jpg

Other things that got dun at the same time:
*replaced all 4 springs SL kings and new shocks, old lovells had been compessed so much over time it wasnt funny lol
*new left hand front strut as it was bent n couldnt get the wheel alighned properly
*thermostat reason y the heater demister got picked up some1 had taken it out
* 2 rear door regulators as the rear windows didnt work (havent fitted yet)
* 2 new VP tail lights, left hand 1 seal leaked water into the boot.
* 2 wipers/arms , drivers side small clip was broken
* new cluster, parts of the LCD screens didnt work
* tow bar gone
* full service as it hadnt had 1 4 almost 2 years and badly needed 1

All up ive spent $1600 on the car up 2 this stage (which includes rego, plates and pit fee) now just gotta wait 4 it 2 come back from the pits n see if nething else gets picked up heres some pics, oh btw 1st thing thats goin is the rims i dont like them hate chrome but they will do 4 now.

Image0162.jpg

Image012-1.jpg

Image010.jpg

Image0143.jpg

Last edited:

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
Not sure on 2 many future mods yet just got the car 2 use more as a daily 2 save the VT a bit but definaly gonna change the rims i like the deep dish style so prolly go with that again and somthing with either black or shadow 18's, tint all round prolly bit darker than legal and mite upgrade the exhaust and fit some extractors on then. thinkin of upgrading the VT sound system 2 newer pioneer stock amps n sub then i'll put wats in the VT in the VP do a custom boot fit out 4 it and then buy a new head unit 4 it 2 run it all :thumbsup:

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
Car came back from the pits only picked up 3 things horn, wipers and leakin new front strut apparently lol

Horn wasnt connected as it has an after market steering wheel and didnt have the kit 2 make the horn work so gettin another steering wheel 4 now till i find an original. Wiper heads were changed with a new set and the leakin new front strut well its not leakin was from the old strut cartriges but they thought it was leakin so that got picked up just needs a clean n she should b all good

Here some interior pics all leather seats in pretty good nick 2 just gotta change the front seat covers, take out ****ty sony head unit and speakers and replace the selector panel as the writting has partially been rubbed off

Image005.jpg

Image006.jpg

Image0073.jpg

Last edited:

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
pretty straight and clean inside and out mate........nice seats!! and its a 5litre!! now just dump her a bit and get some bigger wheels and you will be laughin.........maybe get a hot dog on the front of that exhaust too!! hehehe would sound as tough as guts with a doggy up front of the pipe.........

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
Looks nice man, seats are in soo good of nic for leather n this age.

Black on teh grill makes a big diff compared to stock, im thinkin of doin mine white or grey not sure.

One thing that took my eye, the speakers mounted behind the map holders. great spot, i wasthinkin of puttin sum there, but didnt think they would fit it basket size.

Also can i have ur garnish, its mint aswell, u got too much stuff in mint condition, im gettin jealous, let along the fact thats its black with leather n a V8, good score.

cruzncommo

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5spd
interested in sellin ur rear wheel arch spats? pm me if so.

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
pretty straight and clean inside and out mate........nice seats!! and its a 5litre!! now just dump her a bit and get some bigger wheels and you will be laughin.........maybe get a hot dog on the front of that exhaust too!! hehehe would sound as tough as guts with a doggy up front of the pipe.........

thanx man not sure if i can dump her nemore i had a broken front spring (lovells) and the others were compressed 2 the max so i put SL kings all round along with new shocks 4 a daily i think thats where she will sit 4 the moment as 4 the exhaust.... well definatly gonna do somthing there with extractors 2 :w00t: how much would it cost 4 a hot dog?

Looks nice man, seats are in soo good of nic for leather n this age.

Black on teh grill makes a big diff compared to stock, im thinkin of doin mine white or grey not sure.

One thing that took my eye, the speakers mounted behind the map holders. great spot, i wasthinkin of puttin sum there, but didnt think they would fit it basket size.

Also can i have ur garnish, its mint aswell, u got too much stuff in mint condition, im gettin jealous, let along the fact thats its black with leather n a V8, good score.

i wouldnt recommend the speakers put there i was kinda annoyed wen i took those door skins off the previous owner had butchered the door 2 fit em they r in a good spot but they have small magnets even so they had 2 cut a small amount of the door frame out 2 fit em, they should have some sorter spacer there better yet some VS door pods but i'll fix it up and make a custom pods so they sit almost flush with the map pocket.

Looking good, engine bay needs some TLC though. :D

haha yer i know hey the whole car needs some TLC like that 4 its age and condition i was supprised how well it looks even tho it hasnt been looked after well

interested in sellin ur rear wheel arch spats? pm me if so.

sorry man if it wasnt a calais u could take em :p

mite just ad 2 the car has a shift kit in it also only found that out few days after i got it not really sure the benifits of it n how it works if ne1 would consider tellin me that would b great :thumbsup:

Emackulation

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
'92 HSV VP GTS
mite just ad 2 the car has a shift kit in it also only found that out few days after i got it not really sure the benifits of it n how it works if ne1 would consider tellin me that would b great :thumbsup:
You got a right bargain with its condition of you ask me, looks straight and love that colour, **** hot. To help you on the shift kit, we would have to know weather its a stage 1 or 2, stage 3 shift kit is a fully manualized automatic.