Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

any body know of any good interior VC mods???

DANVSUTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
its the Tan colour, bought a black dash mat and new Gear knob and stuff, to try and take your attention off the brown.
Ill go take a picture and post it, see what you recon i should do

Last edited:

Nobody Actually

luxo barge
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 wm Caprice
why not re-spray the vynil and plastics to your liking and then buy the appropriate carpet & get the seats re-apolstered

phat_com

VR IS A BEAST WITH NEW V6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR s2 Acclaim/VK IS GONE :(
yea^^ what he said, you to supercheap or autobahn, one of those places and buy a couple of can of the vhf? cans of leather/plastic paint. they sell heaps of colours (black, grey, blue, red, white and some other fancy ones)

Jimboss

Reaction score
phat_com said:
yea^^ what he said, you to supercheap or autobahn, one of those places and buy a couple of can of the vhf? cans of leather/plastic paint. they sell heaps of colours (black, grey, blue, red, white and some other fancy ones)

It's actually VHT, very good quality stuff, if you are careful, it will look very professional. One piece of advice is you go down this road, steer clear of the Super Cheap Septone brand stuff, as it may essentially be the same, but the quality is absolute crap.

DANVSUTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
hey thanks, I didnt think you could buy that sort of stuff. I thought of doing carpet black, but It was gonna look crappy with still the brown everywhere.
this VHT paint, I think I might give it a go, you say I can do the door trims, can I also do the roof, dash and centre console with the same stuff???
thanks for your help.
"I put my chrome rocket cover and air filter on today, Ill add some pics later on tonite or tomorrow".:thumbsup:

Jimboss

Reaction score
With the VHT vinyl dye, you can use it on all sorts of stuff, including vinyl, short pile carpets (most auto carpets) and also hard plastics (like dash's & consoles). Just make sure that you do a good prep job, use a grease and wax remover (most are pretty much just turps), and the prep is especially important on the hard plastics.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
vht now make a plastic/vinyl prep spray you can get, spray on wipe off kinda thing, havent tried it, but wax n grease remover/prepsol will be fine.

DANVSUTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 308, are you talking about my door trims???, why do u like them???