Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Any difference between 18 and 19 MY?

Scuti

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP (Lexcen) VT Stationwagon
Hey guys, recently been considering a second hand ZB RS V6. $20-25k, sub 40,000km is bonkers for a couple year old car, they've depreciated real hard.

I was wondering if there was any difference in the spec between the 18 and 19 model years?

Cheers.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
As far as i know they are the same.
The 5yr new vehicle warranty will have an extra year.
The price is why i got one.
I sold my my14 vf ssv for 20k and got the zb rs v6 for 22k and i am happy with the change.

StrayKiwi

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY18 ZB VXR
I believe My Link has a different colour scheme between the two years.

Badgerdog

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Calais V
I believe My Link has a different colour scheme between the two years.
Yeap I can confirm that having owned both. The 2019 model year display is much more colorful. To the best of my knowledge that was the only change.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Yeap I can confirm that having owned both. The 2019 model year display is much more colorful. To the best of my knowledge that was the only change.

i am going to have to look around and see if i can source a silverbox with the upgraded firmware in au or possibly nz.
it also looks like it might have onboard navigation, the silverbox on the older software do have the traces for the gps ant onboard.

Last edited:

Badgerdog

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Calais V
Yeah a lot more modern and colorful and yes it has on board navigation and GPS with the lady that talks to you and turning signals in the heads-up display. Sorry, I can't remember if my 2018 Calais V had that...I only had it a few weeks before things went spectacularly wrong.

StrayKiwi

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY18 ZB VXR
Yeah a lot more modern and colorful and yes it has on board navigation and GPS with the lady that talks to you and turning signals in the heads-up display. Sorry, I can't remember if my 2018 Calais V had that...I only had it a few weeks before things went spectacularly wrong.

Assuming it was kitted out like my VXR, then yes it would be the same. The MY18 MyLink has a white and red colour scheme, the MY19 is white and blue.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
After looking around it seems that it is the my20 model that has the upgraded 7 inch mylink in the LT and RS.
The my18 and my19 ones all have the older mylink.

The calais, rsv and vxr models all have the 8 inch mylink with the color changes mentioned above.

Readyyyyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
None yet
Would it be possible to update the MyLink version from the '18 to later? If so is that a Service thing with a cost? There's definitely a difference between the look/feel.

Ta

StrayKiwi

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY18 ZB VXR
Would it be possible to update the MyLink version from the '18 to later? If so is that a Service thing with a cost? There's definitely a difference between the look/feel.

Ta

I asked Holden specifically about that very subject when I took my car in for a service but they chose not to answer. Make of that what you will...