Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Any difference between 18 and 19 MY?

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Right oh, now I see what the story is.

The MY 19 and earlier 7" screen is very different to the 8" screen of the same era. Since the MY20 7"and 8" had very similar graphics I assumed the same applied for the MY 19 models. I have this screen. If I read correctly what your up to it's almost a plug and play between the MY 19 and MY 20 screens if you have the later steering wheel buttons. Is that correct?View attachment 221063

Yeah a swap between the 7 inch units.
You have the 8 inch one which requires a different harness in the dash or some sort of custom harness to retrofit it because it is a different system to the 7 inch ones.

I would guess with the 8inch ones to swap from old to new you would just need your vin programed to the eeprom and the rest would just work.

Ceramic

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB RS AWD V6
What year do you think my ZB is based on the display and needles?

Attachments

• 3A27288C-6478-498F-8B1C-F91E02413444.jpeg
    3A27288C-6478-498F-8B1C-F91E02413444.jpeg
    335.6 KB · Views: 163
  • 06DFA80C-43D7-48FD-AD85-8BCF735EE3DE.jpeg
    06DFA80C-43D7-48FD-AD85-8BCF735EE3DE.jpeg
    305.4 KB · Views: 157

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
What year do you think my ZB is based on the display and needles?

My18 or My19.
In the rs the cluster did not change.
You should be able to work out the model year by the vin but the technology is the same for both years.

Ceramic

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB RS AWD V6
My18 or My19.
In the rs the cluster did not change.
You should be able to work out the model year by the vin but the technology is the same for both years.
Ok, is it safe to post the VIN on here?

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Ok, is it safe to post the VIN on here?
if you do post your vin online just replace the last 6 digits with 000000

but in this case to workout the model year of your vehicle just look at the 10th letter of the vin and the model year will be...
J = MY18
K
= MY19
L
= MY20

you can also check for active recalls on your holden insignia B on this page but dont change the last digits on the vin.

this page will have recall info by brand

Last edited:

VFRDLN

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB CalaisV Tourer
Interesting that when you search for recalls on that site it refers to the vehicle as a Holden Insignia B and not a Commodore.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Interesting that when you search for recalls on that site it refers to the vehicle as a Holden Insignia B and not a Commodore.

It is an insignia b but they tossed a commodore badge onto it.
They should have just left it as insignia.

if you are looking for parts for the zb from germany you look for insignia b parts.

Ceramic

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB RS AWD V6
if you do post your vin online just replace the last 6 digits with 000000

but in this case to workout the model year of your vehicle just look at the 10th letter of the vin and the model year will be...
J = MY18
K
= MY19
L
= MY20

you can also check for active recalls on your holden insignia B on this page but dont change the last digits on the vin.

this page will have recall info by brand

It's a J - so MY18.

VFRDLN

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB CalaisV Tourer
It is an insignia b but they tossed a commodore badge onto it.
They should have just left it as insignia.

if you are looking for parts for the zb from germany you look for insignia b parts.
Yes I understand that. Just thought it funny that even in the GM world they don't call ZB a Commodore. I wonder if a Buick VIN would come up as an Insignia or their name for it " Regal"?

Jack GS

Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 Buick Regal GS
Yes I understand that. Just thought it funny that even in the GM world they don't call ZB a Commodore. I wonder if a Buick VIN would come up as an Insignia or their name for it " Regal"?
If we're strictly going by the 3rd VIN digit, ours are branded as a Buick (4) in the US. I didn't realize until now that the Commodore ZB is branded as an Opel (V)... weird. The next few digits narrow down the Make/Model regardless of what the 3rd digit is. But to answer your question, ours show as a Buick Regal when the VIN is looked up and only mention Opel as the manufacturer, not brand.
1617987523301.png
1617987563352.png
I could not find the VIN Decoder for the Insignia or Commodore... maybe someone else can get ahold of it.