Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Any early sv6 problems?

Escape-The-Fate

HSV, i just want one
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS, M6
Looking at getting into a VE sv6 and can pick up a 07 model with around 70,000km on the clock for roughly 22. Originally was looking at an 05 vz sv6 for 16-18 but if i can get a ve for a little more cash it would be good..question is, is there any computer or mechanical defaults with the earlier models or are they all good..i want a manual but the tiptronic gearbox is also appealing for lazy days and then days when you want to have fun.. thoughts?

DynoVE

DVSVE
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
this was my exact problem before i brought mine, after a test drive in the VE i fell in love. i also have the auto with the tiptronic gears.. i only ever use them for 'fun' but other than that i havnt had any problems besides a "check engine" warning pop up twice which i was told my mechanics & holden it was just a small bug in the system

Escape-The-Fate

HSV, i just want one
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS, M6
thanks for the reply mate, with the auto gearbox is it taxing/sluggish on the car or is it not to bad?..its not really a fair comparison but when i had the vz exec the 4sp auto just wasnt up to scratch.

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
check the recall thread at the very top of the VE section.... the earlier models had a couple of minor issues (as all new body shapes do). 70k on the clock for a 4 year old car is pretty good... just make sure you can verify its legit. as for price, carsales is showing quite a few for 20k or less. is the one you are looking at worth the extra cash?

Escape-The-Fate

HSV, i just want one
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS, M6
one i have my eye on is a silver with 80kish on the clock..manual asking 22500..seen that thread up the top but from what i could gather it was mainly for the v8's

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
no major issues with them mate

blasto

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE "Sport"wagon
Dude, the transmission is pretty F#ck'n far from a "tiptronic", the 07 is not even a 6 speed...

And fun?...

It's a VE. Nuff said.

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
i got a 06 now has 80K on the clock and is faultless

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
My mums old calais had an issue with one of the belts... not sure as it was fixed under warranty at 70k. It was an 06 high output alloytec

Escape-The-Fate

HSV, i just want one
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS, M6
cheers for all the replys..after alot of debating, im going to wait the 7 months untill im on my opens and bite the bullet and buy a v8. I couldnt believe that for an 07-08 VE SS with 60-80k kms on it is roughly 26 grand..rather spend the coin and get want i want first then always have it as a dream