Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Any fully blacked out VE's out there???

dredrum

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Berlina Sedan
hey guys.
new around here, own a 2007 omega in black which i picked up for $18500 with 42k on the clock about 3 months ago.

plans are to fully black everything out. so far all ive done is removed all the rear badges, custom front famous stars and straps grill emblem and get it detailed to get rid of the disgusting "polish" the wholesaler gave it which left it with a very pronounced hologram swirl job...cheers guys!

next on my list is 15% metal tint, ssv headlights and tailights with a slight tint, ultra low rear and super low fronts, roll the rear guards, wheels of the moment are KMC 775 rockstars in staggered fitment 20's...but constantly on the lookout for some staggered 20's in matte black. then the rest of the list fills out with a full stainless 2 1/4 stainless exhaust, stainless extractors, airhammer CAI, manifold spacers, tune and probably end up replacing all the standard speakers with some quality ones.

so has anyone got any pics of some VE's blacked out, any opinions on my ideas and or wheel sugestions would be very helpful haha.

cheers guys

footy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SE 2010
full stainless 2 1/4 stainless exhaust, stainless extractors, airhammer CAI, manifold spacers, tune

207_not_sure_if_serious.jpg

dredrum

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Berlina Sedan
Here we go already...

I didnt want a v8, I don't like bodykits so why would I
Bother wasting money on anything other than a omega?

So cheers mate, hope you enjoyed wasting your time finding that picture.

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
firstly, welcome :).

have a quick through the ve rides section (there's a 'show off your rides' section and then a sub menu for ve's only section from the main menu) where you can browse pics of members who've posted their ve rides here. i cant recall any black on blacks by memory, but that would be the best place to check. another option would be to post a nice pic of your car 'as is' and maybe someone might photoshop something for you.

and dont worry about first post. maybe he was thinking 2.25 inch is too small and thats why he thought maybe a troll was having a go, but 2.25 or 2.5 is plenty for the v6. bigger isnt always better with exhausts.... and glad to hear from someone who seems to have nice plans for mods they are doing soon- good luck!

only suggestion I'd make with black on black, is that with the rims have an off colour around the edge (red, white, silver, something).... like this

2084486e.jpg

otherwise your 20" rims will get lost in all the darkness. you want to define the low profile edge, not hide it.

what body shape you got btw?
and most importantly..... PICS when done ;).

rusty411

Donating member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE series II Sv6 3.6L ute
i understand u dont want a v8 im happy with a six but if your going the v6 option why not go the sv6 sidi and have the performance there rather than upgrade the performance of a lower 6 like the omega just saying, tho i would like to see a blacked out omega good luck with your mods and post before and afters :)

footy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SE 2010
Here we go already...

I didnt want a v8, I don't like bodykits so why would I
Bother wasting money on anything other than a omega?

So cheers mate, hope you enjoyed wasting your time finding that picture.

I'm just struggling to comprehend the purpose in spending 5k+ on performance mods for an omega. What sort of gains do you realistically expect?

rusty411

Donating member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE series II Sv6 3.6L ute
I'm just struggling to comprehend the purpose in spending 5k+ on performance mods for an omega. What sort of gains do you realistically expect?

thats what i mean if u want high end v6 performance y buy an omega lol each to there own i guess mate

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute

full stainless 2 1/4 stainless exhaust, stainless extractors, airhammer CAI, manifold spacers, tune

You can pick up a SV6 2.25" zorst for $100 lol, extractors $400, airhammer $250, manifold spacers $135 and tune anywhere $500-$1000. Hardly 5k + LOL

dredrum

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Berlina Sedan
I'm not chasing gains...i just like to proportionately modify looks and performance. Realistically, i may only go as far as the exhaust system, but ya never know.
It's just a standard series 1 omega shape, didn't realise there was any other shapes available??

As with the wheels, I'm not completely sold on the pinstripe. I can deal with chrome bolts like the rockstars have, but anything more will kinda ruin the look I'm going for. My only problem at the moment is finding the right rim, cause I'm not sure if the rockstar is too aggressive for an omega. Might head down to ozzy tyres on my r&r and put em
Next to the car see what I reackon.

My other choices are Breyton race GTs, TSW nurburgring or the beautiful Linea Corse z20...if I can friggen find somewhere to buy them!!!
If I can't find something I like that comes standard in matte or satin black...will get some powdercoated. But it's kinda hard to tell if a silver wheel will look good in black or not.