Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Any golfers out there?

commsirac

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Members Ride
vx
For crying out loud, Talk about nit picking :rolleyes:

Dont be ridiculous: you asked what I meant by less regarded,(with implications I was talking rubbish) and I gave you a detailed response which hopefully rings true for everyone who bothers researching the topic!
Why not simply thank me for clearing the matter up for you ?

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Well i've decided to go to ballarat and have a look at some Top Flite clubs. It's a complete set with a bag, all new, for $380. They will be fitted to suit me too which is great. Good special from drummonds, a few hundred off.

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
What model Top Flite? My brother in law bought a set of the XL5000. Full set including the bag. Golf Mart have them in their sale catalogue for $500. They seem to be great clubs. We played on the weekend and normally I beat him by 10 shots. This time whith his new clubs we tied.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
lol, not sure mate, they're the latest ones apparently. I just put my foot on them since they were the last set there. Going up on saturday hopefully to have a look and try. They have maxifli also there so plenty to choose from.

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Just got reminded I'm playing twice on the weekend, 36 holes. One at Rydges international course and then a charity day 3 ball ambrose the next at Rocky course. Should be fun.

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
Just got reminded I'm playing twice on the weekend, 36 holes. One at Rydges international course and then a charity day 3 ball ambrose the next at Rocky course. Should be fun.

Gonna need a long Radox bath on Sunday night there champ.

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Gonna need a long Radox bath on Sunday night there champ.

Pretty much spot on there, Friday night drinks at a friends place, 4:30am decided I may aswell just stay awake, getting picked up at 7 to go to golf. Got dropped home at 6:30, a little drunk and no sleep.

Couple of hours sleep that afternoon, BBQ - more drinks, 2am bed time, up again at 6:30, golf at 7. Walked the 18 holes, came up +2 (three ball ambrose), a few missed birdie ops, and some simple missed putts didn't help us.

Very sore today.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
Well i gave the new clubs a whirl on a small 9 hole course and was rapt in them. Shafts are 3/4" longer to suit my size and they felt really good. Considering i haven't played in 5 years i was pretty happy with how i went. Looking to play Port Fairy links course soon which is my favorite around this area.

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
Juzo, So I take it you got the Top Flite set?

Fekason

Fekason
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 MY16 SV6, 2 x Triumph 2500 (1970/77), manuals
Bit Late, but!

I know that it is a bit late, but anyone looking at golf clubs could consider the following:

PAAX TRI MATRIX 3x9 STAINLESS STEEL SET - eBay Clubs, Equipment, Golf, Sport. (end time 24-Apr-09 21:09:50 AEST)

The manufacturer of these clubs expanded into the USA, but overstretched themselves and went bust. These clubs were originally selling for over $1,000, and are of good quality - a steal at $120 plus shipping. Note that the clubs can be made to order for length, a boon for the taller golfer.

The Golfers Den are also good to deal with from my experience, and per their Ebay feedback of 100% for over 1,000 customers.