Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Any good alloytec mail order tunes

TAILS83

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
I did a search and most threads are a few years old, just wondering if there are any good alloytec mail order tunes out there now.

I've searched the net and seems to be a few incredible ones out there, are there any that can back up there claims?

I just picked up my alloytec VZ Berlina which was stock as except a set of wheels. I just put on a SS inductions growler kit, 12mm mace manifold insulators and a stock HSV cat back (very quite and sounds tops at full throttle and is twin 2.25) will look into extractors maybe soon but will stick with stock cats.

The above things have made it drive a lot nicer but a little sluggish off the mark, hoping a mail order tune will fix it.

Cheers.

Luke.

Last edited:

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
I dont think mail order tunes are available for the VZ , only ones that involve sending your PCM away to be tuned , Mace do them .

TAILS83

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
I don't mind sending the ecu away. Here's the ones I found.

Powerchip
Powerchip Partnumber FAQ - Commodore VZ 3.6 V6 Alloytec 175
$890 - 192kw

Bullet performance
Performance Flash Tuning | Bullet Performance Racing
190kw - after 187kw? 175 - 170 after? Both with 98ron fuels.

Turbo industries
Holden Commodore VZ Alloytec 3.6L V6 Tune (Mail Order)
$450 - 210kw

Mace
MACE RECALIBRATED ECM TO SUIT VZ-VE ALLOYTECS, CAPTIVA & RODEO ENGINES - Mace Engineering Group
$440 - extra 10rwkws (guessing 190kw)

Turbo industries sounds amazing and only heard good things about mace products. Don't know which way to go.

TAILS83

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
Ok thanks, i called yesterday and got the info I wanted, I just couldn't get onto turbo industries even though I called a few times. Both tunes sound like what I want and are both the same price. Although with turbo industries they can load the tune onto a autocal so no down time.

Robbie2177

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ SS 5.7 Auto
Yep just ordered a mafless tuned tuned pcm for my VZ SS 5.7 from turbo industries apparently arriving today will post results once installed, only thing that I found with them is the only contact I could find was via email & no tracking number.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Yep just ordered a mafless tuned tuned pcm for my VZ SS 5.7 from turbo industries apparently arriving today will post results once installed, only thing that I found with them is the only contact I could find was via email & no tracking number.
Um. How are they doing that? Are they sending you an entire ECM? Then you send yours back? Because that’s what would have to happen.

I think you’ve been scammed.