Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

any good autotranny shops S.E. suburbs?

VT97

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
just like the title says, would like to know if anyone could recomend a good auto transmission workshop around the Carrum Downs area?

Cheers

BowTieGQ

Reaction score
Members Ride
4.8 ;)
What do you need done will depend on who is best for your needs. Do tell.

Charg'd

Reaction score
Members Ride
ford
transtyle in hallam are great, maybe a bit far for you though

VT97

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
BowTieGQ said:
What do you need done will depend on who is best for your needs. Do tell.

heres the problem, from a cold start taking off the revs go up to around 5000 and it just rolls along slowly until it eventually goes into 2nd, checked the dip stick and the level is good, also when the engine is at operating temp giving it a bit too much boot can make it flare out not really bad just a bit..

what i want to do is get a full tranny service full flush and maybe some other things done to it, has anyone had similar experiences with their tranny?

if i had the cash id get it reconditioned but thats a big chunk o cash i cant afford atm.. $1800-2500 ive figured it could cost me

zandahar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTSS 5L
dood I just had some major issues with mine and did the big ring around. Varied form 1300 to 2500 for a rebuild. Ended up someone else recommended RVO automatics in dandenong on hammond road. Cost me $1500 for rebuild and stae 2 shift kit and some beefed up internals to go along with it. Otherwise rebuild by itself was $1300

my car feels bloody fantastic now!!

Transstrly I've heard bad things about but hey im sure every place has had a bad car pass through thier garage

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
go and see Pete at sureshift in Frankston, tell him someone at Bay City Holden told you to go there, he should look after you pretty well.

Rob

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I wouldnt take it anywhere but RVO, how many other shops will warranty their builds with high HP? :)

zandahar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTSS 5L
also extremely good customer service. With the shift kit got the offer of bringing it back for free after it had all settled in to adjust any of the shifts I wanted which I dont think I'll do as I think its pretty spot on as it is

I thought chirping into 2nd was a bit wank factor until now seeing as my car will do it if you give it some stick, gives me a smile every time :)

minux it was you that recommended them to me wasnt it ? Your a legend :)

holdenrules

Reaction score
transtyle in hallam are great, maybe a bit far for you though

Transstrly I've heard bad things about but hey im sure every place has had a bad car pass through thier garage

For a shop that has apparently "over 20 years experience", a friend of mine was not satisfied with the results he got from this place. He won't go into details, but his advice is to not go there. He should have read these forums first :bang:

dood I just had some major issues with mine and did the big ring around. Varied form 1300 to 2500 for a rebuild. Ended up someone else recommended RVO automatics in dandenong on hammond road. Cost me $1500 for rebuild and stae 2 shift kit and some beefed up internals to go along with it. Otherwise rebuild by itself was $1300

my car feels bloody fantastic now!!
I wouldnt take it anywhere but RVO, how many other shops will warranty their builds with high HP? :)
On the other hand, he said the guys at RVO were great, very helpful and informative and sorted out the issues. :thumbsup:

The main difference he said was that these guys are passionate about cars, they took a genuine interest in what he had and how it's setup and are keen to sort out whatever the problem is and most importantly they didn't rip him off!

Last edited:

VT97

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
In a previous post on this thread I mentioned that my car was revving out to around 5000rpm and just crawling along (cold starts), well I've finally fixed the problem :w00t: nearly 2 years later :whistling ...It happened to be the seal that holds the filter into the transmission, this little seal had fallen out of the transmission housing and was just sitting on the neck of the filter, filter was sitting on the bottom of the pan! anyway now the seal had been installed correctly, and filter hopefully will stay in place, now it doesn't rev out or feel like its slipping and i don't have to warm the car up to avoid the problem i had... one thing that worries me is that driving the car for so long without the filter correctly fitted, is that i may have done some sort of damage to the transmission, it feels ok no clunks and pretty smooth gear changes... touch wood! Hope this helps if anyone else has a similar problem.

PS. thanks to all the people who have taken the time (replies / guides / etc..) to help a complete amateur like me... Cheers! :bow: