Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Any Harley riders???

dirt drifter

white trash hillbillie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5L M6 VS 6L M6
csp i hope your mate was already pretty handy on a dirt bike since u say this is his first road bike. have u ridden his gsxr, or any 1000 like it? do u know how much power they have??

if he barely knew how to ride to start with then hopped straight on some 1000cc rocketship, well.. imo playing russain roulette would be safer. if this is the case then i hope he don't come unstuck on it

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
csp i hope your mate was already pretty handy on a dirt bike since u say this is his first road bike. have u ridden his gsxr, or any 1000 like it? do u know how much power they have??

if he barely knew how to ride to start with then hopped straight on some 1000cc rocketship, well.. imo playing russain roulette would be safer. if this is the case then i hope he don't come unstuck on it

I was wondering how much his mate would thank him after a spinal injury or some such but I've decided I shouldn't respond to him.. I feel like he's baiting me every time he types;)

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
you pretty much helped his arguement, a bike that has to spend 20k on accessories (whats the total price 40-50k???)just to out run a v8 and give a 750(which cost about 14k) a run for its money aint fast. technically that is slow
ive ridden a few and i gotta say its a love it or hate it thing... proably like driving a jacked up 4x4 on the road.. big slow, doesnt turn real well, but some people like it

20k On accessories, $4k on the engine. You ever see how much chrome is on them ####ing things lol

old mate

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VB Sedan / GU Patrol
eww harley.

that is all.

but srs, they dont have a good note. and the build quality is fairly terrible.

why not look at a japanese one like one of the big suzukis or something. but its your choice.

some people ride bikes to cruise around places, some to pose. i buy them to ride the wheels off them :D

Macca86

Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6T Ute & a ZX6R
. i buy them to ride the wheels off them :D

Same. Hehe. And CSP, as said, unless ur mate was already pretty decent on a bike of somesort, he's an idiot for buying a 1000cc sports bike.

Seriously though to the OP. Why do you have your heart set on a harley? Even if I were to buy a cruiser I wouldnt get a harley. In comparison to some of the other big cruisers around, Harleys are over priced, average build quality, and have average ride comfort.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
LOL thank you guys for proving my point! I had a B-King until recently, which is basically a semi naked Hyabusa. And I've ridden for many years on many bikes including the GSXR1000 (which I was going to buy until I rode the B-King). So I'm talking from experience.

Why is it stupid to think that anyone that knows how to ride a bike can ride any bike they want RESPONSIBLY? Sure, my mate had years of experience on dirt bikes (since he was like 5 or something) but regardless. He's 100kg + and not an idiot. Getting a powerfull, fast sports bike is only a bad idea if you're a complete knob. My first bike having never ridden on the road before was a learner legal 1000CC Yamaha. People told me I was an idiot but why? I ride within the rules of the road, use common sense and am safe. You're much more likely to be killed or injured thanks to morons in cars who have no consideration for bikes or can't see them etc....

Bottom line is the BIKE can NOT kill you. Riding beyond your own limits can. YOU are responsible for what the bike does. Anyone that can't see that needs a lesson in common sense.

Macca86

Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6T Ute & a ZX6R
Your last statement in that post is 100% correct CSP. I never made a claim its the bike that can kill though. Fact is everyone who rides is going to give there bike a bit of a 'thrash' at some point, including your mate. So the only point I was making was if he isnt used to a road bike, its gonna be a very risky move the first few times he wants to take his gsxr out to high revs. Which he will do. No one buys a 1000cc sports bike because they want to go for a leasurely ride around town.

Also wtf 1000cc Yamaha is learner legal????

Macca86

Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6T Ute & a ZX6R
You dont see it as being risky for someone who has no experience on the road to take a bike like a GSXR1000 to high revs? The point I was making was there will be times your mate WONT be resposible on that bike. Just the same as anyone else who owns a bike like that. But oh well, you've put forward your argument, Ive put forward mine. Agree to disagree.

And do you have different laws in Canberra? Because there is no way I thought that is on the LAMS list for learner legal bikes in NSW.

sporty custom

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vx
ive got 2004 sporty custom 1200cc there no comparison between 1200 and 883 2004 and after motor is fully rubber mounteded i paid 15000 grand for mine from peter stevens have done all but 123ks on it goes really well lot of ppl reckon there girls bikes which is crap there heaps cheaper and i decided that id rather a new sporty than a secondhand harley thats done heaps of ks so its all decided by your wallet really.1200 2004 and after go really well compared to other harleys with heaps more cubes.they will flogg most harley except for the really new stufflike buells screaming eagles vrods go for a ride with a group of harley riders give it a squirt here and there next pub mmmmmmmmm you will start hearing sporty goes alright and that coming from the same blokes b4 you went for a ride saying there girls bikes lol. pre 2004 ive been told they virate a bit cant comment for sure havent ridden one. road a mates 76 shovel the other week wow and thing over 55mph feet start virating of forward controls. there also a sporty forum maybe woth while taking a look at.

Attachments

• 092.jpg
    092.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 313
Last edited: