Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Any Ideas.........

mrhotdog

What Would Jesus Do?.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S1 Acclaim
Hey all
I have two qns
1. went over a big bump yesterday, now the fan doesnt come on when you press the air con button, dont know if its related
2. When i brake just before you stop you can kinda feel a clunk motion; the sway bar bushes are only about 6-8 months old, what else could cause this?

cheers

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Your first question I'd hazard a guess and say you've punctured your A/C condenser in front of the radiator and the gas has escaped - this then actuates the low pressure switch preventing the A/C compressor operating and the fan. Check by unscrewing a cop off one of the gas connectors near the dryer and press the tit - you should hear gas escape - if not you have no gas.
Number 2 - wheels stud nuts not loose?...otherwise I'd say the lower control arm bushes.

mrhotdog

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S1 Acclaim
how could i have possibly punctured the condensor, its not like i hit a stake or anything lol, could it possibly be a relay or fuse, and can i swap any to test? thanks for the reply

mrhotdog

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S1 Acclaim
well hako it looks like u were right, took a plastic cap of the pipe closest to the radiator, and no gas at all, so next step, does the condensor need to be replaced or is it a fixable part? and can it be DYI or would a proper place have to do it?

wamboin23

Donating Member w/ Boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais - Cooled L67 + T56 | VF SSV Ute
i'd suggest taking it to an auto elec or an auto aircon place and get them to leak test the system, incase its not the condensor. They have a common problem with the connection to the tx valve coming loose, and, if the aircon hasnt been touched before chances are the fittings at the drier will be siezed and/or just fall apart

mrhotdog

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S1 Acclaim
ive had the air re-gassed once, but nothings been touched as long as ive had the car about 18 months now